T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The distortion seems to be over-distorted when it's been rendered. I use it on the bass guitar too and the bass is not noticeable at all (same problem as my guitars). It just sounds like a real dry tinny distortion when its supposed to be a lot fuller.

I'm doing some more testing with rendering differently (WAV, MP3 etc) and re-adding my plugins to see if this helps, I'm guessing if I can guarantee I'm not making any mistakes here first off is important.

OK, I've discovered some weird findings...

I done some test encodings using different formats and I got mixed results, so I can put it down to the final render that seems to have issues. Below are the results of the tests I did:

- Rendered as WAV @ 44100hz 16bit, and it worked
- Rendered as WAV @ 88200hz 24bit, and it failed
- Rendered as MP3 @ 44100hz 16bit VBR0, and it worked
- Rendered as FLAC @ 88200hz 24bit Quality0, and it failed

So is it possible that encoding over 44100hz could be the issue?
Hopefully that can make it easier to locate the bug.

Here are some samples:

sample-44100.wav is how it is supposed to sound

sample-88200.wav is how versions 6.2.3 and newer render the 88200hz version, the last working version was 6.2.1.

Can you fix the bug with SoundToys on Mac where the VST version can't be moved freely onscreen?

Hi!

Thanks for bringing Tracktion back to live!
Testing the demo of Tracktion 6.3.0 I noticed a few oddities:

1) Moving the audio clip gain slider makes a disabled filter enabled

2) Changing the type of midi CC in the piano roll affects all tracks,
would be better if only the current track were changed?

3) If you hide tracks by using track-tags and press Cntrl + A all the tracks in the edit gets selected.
Would be better if only visable tracks get selected?

( 64-bit Tracktion 6.3.0 on Windows 8.1 )
Sonar, Tracktion, eXT

FR : I'd like to see embedded serials/info in the installers instead of the unlock online/keyfiles stuff . It'd help out with machines offline , Linux boxes etc . etc . keyfiles , machine counting , dongles, and stuff like that is lame . I don't mind my name and address on my DAW or VST plugins ...

LV2 support for Linux has already been requested so many times in this thread, and I'll add to that. I realize it isn't happening in T6 with T7 on the way in a few months. I guess what I want to know is if with a dedicated Linux developer involved now, LV2 support is being worked on. Will we see it in T7, later, or at all? Carla is a great tool for loading LV2's in Tracktion currently, but native support would be much better. Please.

I don't know if it's a bug but I can't get the video-window to work. I'm on a recent laptop with Windows 10 and the latest version of Tracktion. I tried the video as mp4 and Quicktime in various sizes but nothing worked. The file is listed under the projects page with the name and size etc. but under lenght it says 0 secs; so there might be something going wrong there.

In general I would appreciated it if the whole working to video workflow could be improved. It doesn't need to be ultra-fancy but just less of a hassle when you want to score a video/time music to images.

If you get the codec installation package from here
{ duff old link }
you may get further.

The feature is basic however
Last edited by Ben di Arrows on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. But the Codec Installation Package is from 2004 and meant for operating systems up to Windows XP. I haven't really encountered other problems with video on my laptop, outside of Tracktion, so I'm not sure I want to mess with it.

Sorry.
I downloaded mine through windows store in November 2015, but I can't find it anymore. It's in my account history but vanished from the store.

I'm sure its codecs you need. I'll try and find a link, but many alternative sources have malware, so I definitely got it through an official MS site.

That's OK. I was looking for another one too but couldn't find any recent Windows Codecs Package. I did just do an upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 (which took an awfull lot of time) but that didn't change anything.
Anyway, if anyone had similar problems and solved it let me know!

Now I'm home the codecs installed are K-lite 11.6.5 basic.
I found it in the store app but not through the website :?

It was definitely free then but now seems to cost quite a lot.

If you can fine these from a safe download source you should be OK
Good luck

Yes, I saw those too; installed them. Now I can see a little miniature video at the taskbar but it won't open into a seperate window.

I really hope the Tracktion-team can come up with a better way of doing this. In the past I always had issues with the damn videowindow, even on other computers where I also wouldn't have much problems with video or Tracktion itself, but the combination has always been frustrating in my experience.

I am rediscovering T and still on T5, but there still are some flaws to me that kill my workflow. :roll:

Playhead behaviour (Am i the only one?)
I tend to shift focus in my edit window, scroll to the right to see the next part coming or whatever. The playhead is constant on my screen so whenever i shift focus the playing position changes instantly causing stuttering or jumping playback. The same with singleclicking some place in the edit which i seem to do a lot (without noticing). DAW-wise i have grown up with old Cubase and the paradigma of the Playback position being unaffected by the screens focus.

Multiple selection of Clips
... the way i now it from almost any other graphical software. All the clips i select by either windows/lasso/line are selected. RightClick should enable my do group/ungroup this selection to do may arrangement work.

Midi Editing
.. for my alwas is editing or deleting notes i just put in with my keyboard. Startup function should always be "SELECT" not "Insert EVENTS".
And it would be gorgeous to have someting like the old LogicalMidiEditor allowing me to - lets say- take all notes from a certain range and velocity and shift/compress/do whatever i feel like to optimize my performance. In the day and age of VST MIDI is not bound to vanish but constantly gaining importance....

Last thing: CPU-Efficiency.........
Toshiba I5 with 8 GB RAM and SSD and
1 DrumMachine
Sampletank with 3 Instruments
6 Audiotracks
2 Reverbs
MasterMix on the MasterBus
brings my machine to its knees..... :cry:

Return to “Tracktion”