TR 6 crashing every time I open a certain edit

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings tracktionoids,

I am a tracktioneer of long standing. I had upgraded from TR 5 to TR6 and was just beginning to acquaint myself with new features. Some of the resulting edits would flat our crash the application every time I tried to load them. This did not bode well, since the program is not reverse compatible. Once saved in TR6 one cannot revert to an earlier version and the work is lost.

I seem to have solved this problem by downgrading from the version 6.0.23 to 6.0.15. At least I can open the edits. The only difference between these crashing edits and others seems to have been the use of the Tracktion Sampler.

I guess I'm off the hook for the moment.

thanks
Blaine Reininger

Hi Blaine, sorry to hear you're having trouble with an Edit. Have you tried the 6.0.25 beta?

If you are experiencing a crash, can you send your log file to support so we can take a closer look? To get the log file simply press the "Help" button and then "Show the Tracktion log file". Then go to our website (www.tracktion.com) and click on the "Help" button in the bottom right to contact support.

It's worth noting that although T6 uses a new Edit file format "*.tracktionedit", it keeps the old one in place ".trkedit".
If you do want to open the old version in an older version of Tracktion you can set the Edit to refer to the old file from the Projects page. Obviously any changes made in T6 won't be saved to the old file but you won't have completely lost the data.

You can also try checking the crash log right after the crash to see if it's a plugin, and which one it is. Then remove the offending one from the plugin settings before you open the edit again.

Hello guys,

same thing here. (OSX 10.9. and 10.10, Tracktion latest build and the beta)

I have several edits that crash on open. Very odd behaviour. I even splitted different projects into different edits to see what (or which plugin) caused the problem. On two machines. No sucess so far.
Seems more or less random.

Checked all logs, they dont make sense.
Example: In the latest edit "Volume Shaper" is the last instanciated plugin before the crash. I have dozens of edits with Volume Shaper all
over the place that still work fine. And this behaviour is also true for a lot of other plugs as well. (D16 Group stuff, U-He stuff and so on.) So I have no chance at all to pinpoint the problem or anything at all.

When trying to rebuild the session in 5.4, no problem. As soon as loading into the latest 6.2x build or the beta, instant crash.

By the way Blaine, you saved me big time with your tip to roll back to .15, can open the edits there as well.
Will continue for now to work in 5.4. however, because that behaviour *really* spooked the hell out of me.

Best,

tL.
Professional.

Ive experienced this also, what has helped me is
Rename vsti folder (dont try to find one buggy vsti..), run tracktion and open that project. It should open without any plugin. Save it,then rescan vsti plugin and then recreate plugin setting again. Horrible solution but better than lose idea at all. Good Luck

LYTZ wrote:Checked all logs, they dont make sense.
Example: In the latest edit "Volume Shaper" is the last instanciated plugin before the crash.
Usually there is a bit of code after the mentioning of the crash relating to it. So it could be something else. Best thing to do is send your crashlog to TSC.

frankvg wrote:
LYTZ wrote:Checked all logs, they dont make sense.
Example: In the latest edit "Volume Shaper" is the last instanciated plugin before the crash.
Usually there is a bit of code after the mentioning of the crash relating to it. So it could be something else. Best thing to do is send your crashlog to TSC.
If you want this fixed, be sure to send support your tracktion log, and the edit that has the issue.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”