Where can I find info on hardware inserts and external hardware set up?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many thanks for any help!

Sam
Sam

Some comments come to mind...

1. What kind of inserts are you looking for? Is this just regular inputs, or are you really trying to use external effects units such
as echo, reverb, compressor, etc.?
2. If it IS this type of thing, then there are a number of software equivalents (some included in most DAW's including Tracktion).
3. If you must use external units, then you will need the appropriate number of inputs / outputs on your setup...
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

What's the problem, the options/settings for the insert plugin seem fairly self-explanatory.

Do the basics; Insert the insert-plugin, route it's output to the audiocard output associated with the hardware's input, route it's input from to the audiocard output associated with the hardware's output, do an autodetection of the timing adjustment. Should be about all you need to do.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yes. Hardware insert plug ins. And yes I know about virtual plug ins, thanks.

I do not find it as easy as you have stated, whyterabbyt. In many tries I haven't been able to get this to work. I do not find info on any online manuals.

Since I have it working in PT I am sure I have the right set up with my audio card and hardware.

If anyone is actually using hardware inserts, comps, eq's, etc I wonder if you can walk me through how you have made this work in Tracktion 6?

Thanks
Sam

I hope to do a video on this soon. It is not particularly difficult but there are a few tricks to getting it working.

At this point there is no documentation on how to use the Tracktion Insert plugin.

Can you write out the steps for me, please?

Thanks
Sam

I had problems with the insert plugin, and I also had problems recently during a re-amp project where I switched the output of a guitar track to a non-default output. It just didn't seem to work. I had to send the guitar track out of the default output and mute everything else. Generally I feel I have a decent grasp on signal routing, but I couldn't figure it out and gave up. It must be my interface, or something I'm doing wrong, so I look forward to checking out that video.

Kang wrote:I had problems with the insert plugin, and I also had problems recently during a re-amp project where I switched the output of a guitar track to a non-default output. It just didn't seem to work. I had to send the guitar track out of the default output and mute everything else. Generally I feel I have a decent grasp on signal routing, but I couldn't figure it out and gave up. It must be my interface, or something I'm doing wrong, so I look forward to checking out that video.
I had this working right after the feature came out. Today I can't get it to work either. The biggest problem might be that I just don't have a suitable multichannel interface on hand at the moment. The video is going to have to wait until I get a suitable interface in from one of the manufacturers.

I wonder if anyone else out there can help with this...seems like quite the mystery.

Thanks
Sam

samscasa wrote:I wonder if anyone else out there can help with this...seems like quite the mystery.

Thanks
I got it working this morning. For me there is some interaction with plugins in the Master section - particularly Master Mix. But when I removed that it started working.

I finished the video on using the Insert plugin. It's now in the T6 New Features video playlist thread:

https://w-edstrom.wistia.com/medias/qmo2umn781

UPDATE: It's finished uploading so I added the link to this message.

Thanks for the video...I got it now!

Sam
Sam

Fantastic video Bill!

The audio glitches present when using master plugins will be fixed in v6.1.2

Return to “Tracktion”