To TSC: Tracktion 6 Gremlins and Marketplace Gremins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I booted up music computer today T6 looked like a brand new install. Everything was gone (dozens of edits, my color scheme, preferences, and my MasterMix was hissing in demo mode. The edit folders and files are still the hard drive.

Had been using T2, then T4, then T5, and when I installed T6 originally-- in its own folder as it wants to do -- all my edits and colors and preferences were there. Worked on an edit, and then shut down computer. Booted up today, and . . . . . . . . . nothing but a clean unregistered T6 install.

1. How do I get my edits to show again w/o manually reopening each one? I am loath to do that in case it resets itself again.

2. Today I manually navigated to and reopened the edit I had been working on. Knowing my preferences were gone, I went to the keystroke editor and assigned the function that I like assigned the spacebar: hitting the spacebar aborts the current recording and restarts the recording. It worked for a while and then at some point reset it self to the keystroke it ships with!

3. Last question ----------- Marketplace. I mean, really, guys? I cannot log in to unlock MasterMix. It will not recognize proper password. OK, fine. I will reset the password. Nope; I cannot reset the password (the emailed link just cycles and crashes, cycles and crashes. Tried 3 different computers and 3 different brand browsers.

Can I unlock MasterMix offline? (And please do not recommend going to that Marketplace site; no matter what you try to do, it just cycles the home screen over and over like Alice Through The Looking Glass). Tear that god-awful site down and just use a standard commercial pre-fab site. I affirmatively avoid it whenever possible.

OY.

Any ideas re restoring T6 edits, locking in preferences, unlocking MasterMix, and keeping the pitchfork and torch-bearing hoards from burning the Marketplace site to the ground?

Just noticed that all my edits are missing from T5 32-bit and T5 54-bit as well.

Hi RJWlaw@aol.com, sorry to hear you're having problems, I'll go through each of your points individually:
RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:1. How do I get my edits to show again w/o manually reopening each one? I am loath to do that in case it resets itself again.
The open project list is stored in your settings file, this is the same place as most of the audio settings. If this has been accidentally deleted or corrupt some how this would explain the missing projects. What OS are you on?
RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:2. Today I manually navigated to and reopened the edit I had been working on. Knowing my preferences were gone, I went to the keystroke editor and assigned the function that I like assigned the spacebar: hitting the spacebar aborts the current recording and restarts the recording. It worked for a while and then at some point reset it self to the keystroke it ships with!
This sounds strange and not something we've seen before. Did Tracktion shut down cleanly after you made the key stroke change? If not, it may not have saved the modified key mappings.
RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:3. Last question ----------- Marketplace. I mean, really, guys? I cannot log in to unlock MasterMix. It will not recognize proper password. OK, fine. I will reset the password. Nope; I cannot reset the password (the emailed link just cycles and crashes, cycles and crashes. Tried 3 different computers and 3 different brand browsers.
I'll pass the password reset issue on to our webmaster to take a look.
RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:Can I unlock MasterMix offline? (And please do not recommend going to that Marketplace site; no matter what you try to do, it just cycles the home screen over and over like Alice Through The Looking Glass).
There were some issues with the splash screen not being dismissed last week but these should be fixed now. You can unlock Master Mix offline but you will need to go to the Marketplace website to download the key file.
Once logged in, go to your "Account" and then the "My Downloads" page found in the bottom right. Underneath your Master Mix licence you should see an "unlock offline" option.
Once you've download the key file simply drag it onto the box on the offline unlock page of the Master Mix plugin UI.

Thanks for the reply.

The OS is Win7 pro 64-bit. Tons of memory, etc.

I did not go near my settings file, so I guess I will tediously restore all my edits. OY

Just tried logging in to MarketPlace again. No go.

Tried to reset MarketPlace password again. No go. The emailed link goes nowhere if clicked or pasted into any of three different brand browsers. When it rains it pours. My T5 was soooo stable.

Marketplace just let me in. MasterMix unlocked. The pitchforks have been lowered, the mob's torches flicker out.

Still cannot get four tracks with acoustic guitar parts to render, (but that was an earlier post. . . .)

RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:When I booted up music computer today T6 looked like a brand new install. Everything was gone (dozens of edits, my color scheme, preferences, and my MasterMix was hissing in demo mode. The edit folders and files are still the hard drive.

Had been using T2, then T4, then T5, and when I installed T6 originally-- in its own folder as it wants to do -- all my edits and colors and preferences were there. Worked on an edit, and then shut down computer. Booted up today, and . . . . . . . . . nothing but a clean unregistered T6 install.
This was my experience as well.

I think I want to learn where the settings file is and back it up frequently.

RJWlaw@aol.com wrote:I think I want to learn where the settings file is and back it up frequently.
There's an "export user settings" in the General Behavior menu, so I think you can just make your own settings file. I also save my key commands and color scheme separately.

On Windows Vista+ the settings files are in: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion 4\".
The main settings file with the audio devices, plugin list etc. is called "Tracktion.settings".

The other file called "CurrentUserSettings.trksettings" contains things on the General Settings panel and view options etc.

If you're backing up your settings though it would be best to back up the whole "Tracktion 4" directory.

Is making frequent archives the best way to backup and protect projects?

In my case backing up the project folders on the hard drive did not spare me the reconstruction work I now face.

Be sure to give all your backups new names, perhaps ones including the data and time.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I am running Tracktion 6 for linux and purchased the Mastermix and Synthpack plugins. I cannot unlock them offline. When I get to the page in marketplace it doesn't allow me to make a selection in the "purchased Product" drop down. if I enter the other information it still leads me to an error. The emails I sent to support went unanswered. Is the page still supported at all? How can I unlock the software? Anybody?

Return to “Tracktion”