Next/previous preset button?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm coming from Fl studio. There, there's a Next/previous preset button. On the plugin bar. Is there something similar in T6? Killer preset management, otherwise.

oh! Is it possible to assign a shortcut to 'save preset'. Would be lovely.

Preset management is very important for me. And you got got a head start over most other daws by having tags.

Can I mass import .fxp?
In other daws, dragging and dropping from explorer to patch manager does it. Not in T6 :(

One important issue with ergonomics.
It seems I can only use a preset in the browser by dragging and dropping it across the screen to the mixer. No clicking and previewing. That's a workflow killer right there (Same on S1,btw). dragging and dropping it across the screen is a very expensive operation.

Well, this kills it for me right there.

The .fxp and .fxp are acccessible via the Properties panel, but if you want tagging en masse. TSC is amenable to ideas though, so add your thoughts to the Feature Requests sticky thread and it might get done.

"Well, this kills it for me right there." A bit defeatist. Ask and see what happens.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

You can set up key commands to scroll previous or last presets. I think you need to use the macro creation option. It's under 'standard shortcuts' then 'editing functions.' There is a video on youtube explaining how to do this and it is very simple.

Also, dragging is not the only way to set/view presets. When you click on a plugin it will have a properties menu and you can click the spot next to "program" to find the pre-made presets, or you can click "load" to load your own, or "save" to save your own. A lot of plugins I own also have their own preset menu's built in.

I don't think there is a save preset key command, but there could be. Go to the Javascript Macro Request thread and ask for it. Chances are pretty good it will show up in the near future since it's a good idea.

urlwolf wrote:One important issue with ergonomics.
It seems I can only use a preset in the browser by dragging and dropping it across the screen to the mixer. No clicking and previewing. That's a workflow killer right there (Same on S1,btw). dragging and dropping it across the screen is a very expensive operation.

Well, this kills it for me right there.
I wish you could move the browser to either side of the screen - it always seemed unergonomic to me that in Tracktion you are dragging from the far left to the right, and in S1 the far right to the left side. It should be the other way round.

Preset handling and management are still one of Tracktion's weakest areas. At least Studio One has proper support for all native preset formats.

Kang wrote:You can set up key commands to scroll previous or last presets. I think you need to use the macro creation option. It's under 'standard shortcuts' then 'editing functions.' There is a video on youtube explaining how to do this and it is very simple.

Also, dragging is not the only way to set/view presets. When you click on a plugin it will have a properties menu and you can click the spot next to "program" to find the pre-made presets, or you can click "load" to load your own, or "save" to save your own. A lot of plugins I own also have their own preset menu's built in.

I don't think there is a save preset key command, but there could be. Go to the Javascript Macro Request thread and ask for it. Chances are pretty good it will show up in the near future since it's a good idea.
I didn't undertand the alternative to dragging. Could you ellaborate? Did you mean right clicking?

Actually, I found out that . is mapped to 'change to next preset. Boom!! It exists. ',' is previous. I think I mapped this sometime in a past evaluation. Or is it the default?
Awesome. That navigates the built-in presets. Navigating the ones that I saved in the browser... is that possible? Only the set that is filtered (otherwise lists would be huge.
If I find a way to assign a shortcut to save, and can navigate with keys, I'm close to being set. Will buy the book and read it on the train.

I'm not 100% sure I'm moving full-force to traction till I can check stability, and remove workflow killers. But it's looking good!

one way to solve the 'long drag and drop' would be to make the tracks targets for the drag and drop operation. Drop the preset there, it changes the relevant plugin in the chain.

Still, doing things with the keyboard would be far better.

There are many plugins (eg sunrizer) that do not show the params to the host. At least not to T6. Exporting those to the browser would be impossible?

If tracktion understood .fxp natively, saved to it, and showed it in the browser... that would be a big win.
Right now, I'm afraid a build an empire on .trkpreset, and then I cannot move to any other daw in the future :). Happened before with S1.

Return to “Tracktion”