For those in need of groove/swing quantization to grid for whole audio clips on the timeline...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...I 've made some "groove align tracks". I guess you can call it that way...

I have recorded some short rimshot tracks in Logic with applied
swing settings 16A-E, some triplets and some tuplets.

What you have to do is:
Import one of the files into T6, align it to tempo of song, turn loop on and then use
Tracktions Ghost-Track feature to see the rim track under the track with the audio clips
you want to give some some groove. This is the most easy way to use this I guess.

(If you need some other "groove-templates", you can easily make them on your own.)

What you also can do (and how I work):

Cut the rimshot track into smaller clips at the transients. Because when using
the pgUp / pgDown keyboardshortcuts T6 will move the cursor to any clip start and ending
on the timeline without the need to have theese clips selected.

That way you can quasi fake "tab to next transient" a la Pro Tools.

(Means you "tab" the cursor via pgUp to the next startpoint of the rim clip, and then
use the J or K jeycommands (Move start of selected clips to cursor position & move end of selected clips to cursor position) or simply paste your clip there.)

I hope I could explain this method clear enough and that this might help some people
until tracktion might get the option for various grid-settings at some point in the future..

If this is somehow too difficult to understand let me know, I will make a short video then.

If anyone has some more ideas how to refine this please feel free to chime in.

Here's the link to the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7flmp80d0543k ... s.zip?dl=0

Hope this is useful.

Best,

tL.
Professional.

Some really good techniques! Thanks for writing that up.

Return to “Tracktion”