Q about Edit Clips

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How to do this???:
Quoted from Tracktion website:
Create your own library of Edit Clip loops and add to Tracktion 5’s handy loop browser so they can be quickly found and auditioned like any other loop – only with these, the multi track source is always immediately available to give maximum creative flexibility.
This is exactly what I want to do:
Importing a bunch of loops, order and process them the way I like and save this multitrack source somehow to built my own library (which stays editable)...
Edit Clips in Tracktion seem to be a good method, but I would like to know how to save an edit clip that I can recall it later in a different project respectfully preview it from the browser...

Go to the (properties window) at the bottom of the edit screen and select (Create Preset) you will select include patterns if want to save the midi notes. You will be able to recall at will by going to the (Files Tab) and selecting (Presets) on your left of the edit screen

With what selected???

If I select the edit clip I don´t see any button for saving a preset...

click the (loop properties) on the edit clip properties or any audio clip and click (add to library) and make a new sample name it and make a new tag called (edit clips)and you can find it on the (search tab) on the (files tab)

But if I do this, I end up with a "normal" loop, which have lost it´s connection to the edit...

If you read the quote from the Tracktion site again... the last sentence says, you can keep the connection to the multitrack edit, from which it was rendered...

Yes this works only if you drag a whole edit into another edit witch is the original edit clip (example) you can make two edits a (vocals edit) and (beat edit) with all your music tracks in your (beat edit) open both edits and grab and drag the beat edit onto a track in your (vocals edit) an it will render the whole edit to a track making it a (edit clip) witch will be in your project files

Trancit wrote:But if I do this, I end up with a "normal" loop, which have lost it´s connection to the edit...
Yes, don't quite see how this is supposed to work either. Perhaps Woody can explain?

Edit clips is a whole edit frozen with all your processing printed on a rendered track in a new edit witch can be still changed in the original edit and re rendered in the second edit
this is best used to say processing power or cpu when building big prejects

But the website says explicit you can built your own loop library, which you can access from the browser and the multitrack source will be always available!!!

BTW: Thx for your help so far :-)

read it again its saying what I am saying the multi track source it is referring to the edit with all your tracks once you drag and drop that whole edit into a new edit it will keep all your tracks saved to the same project folder witch you can still recall from the file browser at any time in the same state you left them and the rendered (edit clip) will change with any changes you make in the first edit thats why i say its more like a frozen track because all changes done to the first edit will change on the edit clip also this can be done with both edits open at the same time

It actually says they can be added to the loop browser. Which seems like a good idea but not possible.

Not without loosing the connection to the multitrack source, which would make it interesting...
It´s a pity, that would have been a selling point for me... it´s my biggest gripe with Tracktion... lot´s of very good ideas, which makes it interesting but either it doesn´t work as expected or it isn´t thought through to the end...
Sad story :-(

Trancit wrote:Not without loosing the connection to the multitrack source, which would make it interesting...
It´s a pity, that would have been a selling point for me... it´s my biggest gripe with Tracktion... lot´s of very good ideas, which makes it interesting but either it doesn´t work as expected or it isn´t thought through to the end...
Sad story :-(
What are these lots of very good ideas that don't work?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I.e. the edit clips... I am no native english speaker, but I am quite sure, they don´t work like described in the from me quoted describtion...
Second, they are buggy... as I tried this feature I always ended up with trouble, i.e. 1 bar loop doesn´t loop correctly... only as I started to render 2 bars it was looping correctly, Auto pitch was turned on although it wasn´t turned on on the source edit and I couldn´t turn it off... result was a different sounding clip in comparison to the source edit...

Next coming racks into my mind... many problems with PDC...
Racks again: Sidechain feature always puts the new instance on the first position of the SC source chain... doesn´t respect, if the signal comes from an audio track or an instrument... no biggie but annoying...

Plugin Manager: I think it is the first plugin manager I came along with, where you cannot rename plugins... for me a real biggie...

The browser: real good tagging and search feature, but what if you want to search only plugins??? Click on the magnifying glass and deselect Loops... click on the magnifying glass and deselect Presets... and now search for loops only... click click click click...
Sorry but that´s the most complicated way ever possible for such a simple task...

Ghost tracks... why stopping with the development and leaving them completely useless for midi clips before release... and for audio... just to see the time, when events happen... therefore I can put the track containing the clip next to and got the same...

I am by far an absolute novice on the Tracktion topic, I am sure there are a few points more...
This reflects only what I noticed with a few things trying on the demo...
No offense against the programm here, just a bit disapointed... I really like the approach and the ideas, but for me it feels and behaves like a never ending building yard...

Return to “Tracktion”