No output/input option- kubuntu using Jack

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Installed and registered Tracktion 4 in Kubuntu trusty 64bit.

On trying to set Audio device;Audio device type:Jack / Output : Only "None" selectable.

Works ok using ALSA. Also jack works fine with LMMS. E.g - If I close Tracktion and open LMMS it shows the output/input options and connects.

Any suggestions please!.

Hi,

did you start jack before running tracktion?

Yes jack is "Started".

I installed Tracktion 6 (Demo). Clicked "reset Audio settings" within Tracktor. Jack shows and is connected under "system" in/out. Thus on my Linux machine Tracktion 6 working with Jack, Tracktion 4 is not (I've tried re-installing Tracktion 4).

When I start Tracktion 6, JUCEJack shows up in the Jack connections window and auto connects.This doesn’t happen with Tracktion 4, though juce Midi does show up and tracktion 4 receives midi.

Probably to do with some system config. file. Though I purged tracktion4 from the system and re-installed this didn't work, since the program was still registered after purging it can't of removed all associated files.

Yes probably.
The config files are stored in /home/your username/.config/Tracktion4/ (it is also valid for T5 and T6).
Make a backup file and delete it or just rename the folder .

Problem diverted. Purchased Tracktion 6.

:D Thats the other solution.

It's a very well thought out (as in work flow) DAW at a reasonable price. Plus I like how the developers have released a older free version so people whom maybe financially challenged can use it to produce music that many will share with the internet community.

Return to “Tracktion”