T7.1.11 Public Beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, the public beta version of T7.1.11 is now up.
Grab it from your download "archives" section: https://marketplace.tracktion.com/app/d ... chive/?v=7

Although there were a lot of under the hood changes in this version there are a few cool new features too. Of note is the ability to use automation or LFOs to modulate other LFOs, MIDI note mute, new automation manipulation tools and of course the new "Daytime running light" colour scheme.

Here's a rundown of the new features list to save you picking through the change list:
- Added 4 & 8 step shapes to LFO
- Added an option to LFOs to highlight controlled plugins
- New feature: Added ramp adjustments for automation curves
- New feature: Automate LFO parameters either with automation curves or other LFOs
- New feature: Added the ability to mute MIDI notes from the selected notes properties panel
- Added a parseFloat method to the Javascript engine to convert String properties returned from object.getProperty
- New feature: Added a light colour scheme accessible from General Settings page
- Added fade properties when multiple audio clips are selected
- Added the Quick Start Guide to the first run tasks (also available from the help menu)

Enjoy!

where do you download this? i went to my account, then downloaded the pc 32 bit version, but it's not 7.1.11 it's 7.1

Archives....

Perfect! This is what I hoped Tracktion would do. Looks like Tracktion 6 again.

fedexnman wrote:Archives....
Not obvious to find ...
I navigated for several minutes on the TSC site and never find the archive folder ???
I had to open my mail and clic on the link TSC had sent.

Nice update
BUT
everytime i click on LEARN in LFO Tracktion crashes

I am using KXStudio 64bit

fwsuperhero wrote:Nice update
BUT

I've just downloaded T7.1.11 and have the same issue on OSX.
Where the beta testers on hollydays, how such an obvious bug can't be detected ???

dupont wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Archives....
Not obvious to find ...
I navigated for several minutes on the TSC site and never find the archive folder ???
I had to open my mail and clic on the link TSC had sent.
I don't think that it's meant to be obvious since it's a beta. The latest production version is obvious. Anything else takes a little extra knowledge.

On the right hand side of each download in the list of download you will see archives and notes. So there are 5 links to the same T7 archive downloads page on your downloads page. That's where you'll find beta versions along with all the historical versions.

It's one of those links that your eyes will gloss over but once you find it you'll wonder how you missed it.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Beta ..... that's why there was an email link . I get it that people tend to be pissy about things . I'm glad for the update and do agree the new light theme is a bit bright , boy do I hate to complain about it , it looks nice but way to bright for me , I am very happy with old dark T7 theme still . So , I'm sure they'll get it right with a theme editor eventually , as of now I'm happy with the default dark theme . I used the old T1 theme Nostalgia and was happy with that . I really like the colors in T2 as well as T3 ... guess I liked the old school greys ... But the dark T7 theme is fine for me ....

+ deleting the track during playback often leads to crash (no information in log or console)

This is the most annoying bug ive experienced until Tracktion 4. But ive got feeling that Tracktion 7 is much more stable than previous versions (especially on windows). Maybe its just bridged in my linux station plugins but i dont have similar crashes with Renoise.

dupont wrote:
fwsuperhero wrote:Nice update
BUT

I've just downloaded T7.1.11 and have the same issue on OSX.
Where the beta testers on hollydays
We're all beta testers if we install it, since it's a public beta. That's the sort of issue betas are meant to find.

Now we have a bright white theme and the dark blue theme. Where is the "less dark" blue theme ? But after a little time to get used to it, I love the new bright theme, thanks

I can see!

Crash during deleting certain track (so i cant get rid of it)

fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23f6e0 4 stub
fixme:thread:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 52, 0x33f5e8, 0x33f658 0x33f5f0
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23f6c0 4 stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x350000 0 0x23f6e0 4 stub
Killed

I'm not really sure how to react to this newest update.

From the first moment on I Hated the dark theme of T7. Because of my eyesight and migraine problems I wasn't able to distinguish anything on the screen!

And that replacement 'less contrast' theme wasn't really an improvement and it was ugly, dank and dreary!

And now there it is: the 'daylight' version I so eagerly awaited ...

.. but it still is a mixed bag for me. Sure, I now can -finally- work with the new T7, great!

But it is still not very pretty to work with!! .:(

As I see it. the GUI design of T7 is greatly lagging behind the previous versions, which were great, colorwise!

Why not simply made the daylight version more based on T6 color scheme :love: ?, that would've been great!

Return to “Tracktion”