How to render a track with the click track audible?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm creating some backing tracks for my band members to rehearse to and need a way to get them copies with the click in place. As one song in particular has multiple time signature changes we need it done right :)

Obviously I can record from the wave-out device but I'd prefer not to do that if there is a built-in way to make it happen?

It is not possible to my knowledge. Tracktion click track outputs to the master output and not to a track in the edit. I find the best way using a native Tracktion plugin, I load the sampler plugin on a track, load 2 samples like say a (hi hat and side stick) and use a midi clip or step clip (I prefer step a clip) then setup both samples to the correct notes and use 1 sample on the 1 and the other samples on 2-3-4 and just mute the track when if ever it need be.

That would be feasible if it was only one time signature throughout. One song in question has several changes between /4 and /8 note time signatures so it's not going to happen!

I'll just play the click track out to Audacity and then import it back in as a track. Seems like the easiest way.

It can't be too difficult to create a bar of MIDI with a plug-in that makes a noise on the beat, and when you've done that, you can just copy it to the bars with the same time signature, and do others for parts in a different time.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:It can't be too difficult to create a bar of MIDI with a plug-in that makes a noise on the beat, and when you've done that, you can just copy it to the bars with the same time signature, and do others for parts in a different time.

I thought he understood this part Jabe so I didn't explain this part to him. But yea Jabe is right that is how you do it, just make a new midi clip the same size as each time change on the click track.

lay it prodctions wrote:
jabe wrote:It can't be too difficult to create a bar of MIDI with a plug-in that makes a noise on the beat, and when you've done that, you can just copy it to the bars with the same time signature, and do others for parts in a different time.

I thought he understood this part Jabe so I didn't explain this part to him. But yea Jabe is right that is how you do it, just make a new midi clip the same size as each time change on the click track.
Apologies - for some reason I missed your post. Having trouble concentrating these days - must be my age! :scared:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:[Apologies - for some reason I missed your post. Having trouble concentrating these days - must be my age! :scared:
Hey I do It all the time :tu:

:tu:

That's still adding extra work that I shouldn't need to do. Considering the longest song is only 8 minutes I'm still going to just record from wave-out. Why complicate things unnecessarily?

You couldsubmit a Feature Request.

Good idea, I'll do that!

I have another solution but it still needs a plugin or rewire software to work.
Here you go.
load any plugin or software in the edit.
Say like MPC software, FL studio,Reason,Albelton live exc...
Now arm the click track to the plugin or rewire device.
Now the audio from the click track will come from this track and can be recorded in the edit and the tempo will change with any tempo changes done within Tracktion.
Hope this helps. :tu:

Thanks for the advice but I don't know Tracktion well enough to even understand how I might start doing that! :)

DavidPardy wrote:Thanks for the advice but I don't know Tracktion well enough to even understand how I might start doing that! :)

This is a video I just did for you Explain it best. I hope this works for you
https://youtu.be/R9ppOCz-SPI :tu:

Thanks for posting that! Sorry I haven't had a chance to get around to checking it out yet. I've been very busy with some other things but I will look at it asap.

Return to “Tracktion”