How does the jog control work?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whenever I assign something to the jog control via the MIDI surface settings, I can only ever move the cursor in one direction. What values is it meant to accept to work properly?

And can extra cursor-left and cursor-right controls be added? That would be very useful.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

I bought a nanoKontrolStudio almost solely because of the jog wheel, but I really have no idea what settings to use to make it work properly.

I even bought the Tracktion Guide in the hopes that it would have some info, but there's nothing.

Does anybody know anything about the data expectation of the jog control in Tracktion at all?

Hi,

I probably don't have the answer you're looking for, but want to get in on this thread in case someone responds. If I may ask for a clarification, what purpose do you intend the jog wheel to serve? Are you looking for audio "scrubbing" functionality to audition precise edit points? Do you want control over horizontal scrolling of the audio instead of using the scroll bars in the software, or is there some other function you would like to map to the jog wheel that I am missing entirely?

Pat
[Waveform 12.0.53 on Mac Monterey 12.3.1]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

I just want the wheel to move the cursor left and right so that I don't have to click on the Tracktion window, which makes an open plugin window close if it hasn't been locked.

Return to “Tracktion”