BioTek resizable GUI ?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks owners of BioTek and it's actual update !

I think that BioTek is something excellent, as the TSC products I know (T and Master Mix), but...
actually I'm not an owner of this incredible synth because I've tried a demo of it, and I found that the GUI was really too small for my old eyes... and I've postponed the buy until the GUI will be confortable for me.
So...
The actual update version has a resizable GUI ?
If the answer is Yes, I will buy it asap. If the answer is No... I will wait...

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Regards

... no answer(s)...

I will download the actual demo to have a personal opinion...

Hi Lutin, the BioTek UI is not resizable and we don't have any immediate plans to make it so.
We may do this at some point in the future but can't say exactly when.

However, the front 'macros' page of BioTek is a very small number of medium sized rotary controls with a very large XY so you should be able to use this without too much difficulty.

to dRowAudio...

Thank you very much for your answer !

As said before, I will re-download the BioTek demo and play with it, with your opinion in mind...
I will see... No. I will hear !

Thanks.

Note :
I use the very small Master Mix GUI (no other solution). Actually I'm not able to adjust the knobs in a confortable workflow. So, I use only the existing (very good) presets... well known with the habits.
I'm not sure that using only well-known presets is the "normal" way to get a very personal sound with a synth... for the moment, all the selected sounds I select and use with my U-He synths are always, let say... personalized sounds (modifying or removing modulators... modifying adjustments on filters, on Osc... etc...).
Not sure I will may do the same with the actual size of BioTek...
But...
Why don't create resizable GUI on recent and new created synths or plugins ??
Is it so difficult to take into consideration all the actual complains of the musicians ?
Is it so difficult to program GUI with the vectorization knowledge (existing since 10-20 years)?
Is it so complicated, if no vectorization, to anticipate with 2 or 3 sizes for new and recent projects ? (see recent Arturia, next Synthmaster KV331 -v3-, U-He products, new Fabfilter plugins... etc...)... I can understand that it is quite complicated to modify a yet existing product, but in a totally and recent new project ? why do not take into account this kind of demand related to the actual size of screens ?
Sorry. I have nothing against you... but...
It's not your personal job. So you have nothing to say relative to my complain. But as a regular user-musician of old too small stuff, I am a little bit angry to find the same problems on totally new plugins...

Sorry again.
Best regards
Lutin mutin.

Return to “Tracktion”