T7 and EastWest Sound

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi - new here. Joined East West Sound's creative cloud for use of their sample library for MIDI. The proprietary PLAY vst wasn't working in T5, so I loaded a trial version of T7. The plug-in loads fine, however,

I'm running a Roland Fantom X8 as my MIDI controller through a Roland UM-ONE to an iMac (OS 10.11.4, 16GB RAM). When I play the virtual keyboard on the screen, it records and plays what I want. When I play through the keyboard, it adds a violin on top of the virtual instrument. But, when I play back, it only plays the virtual instrument.

How do I get it to stop layering the strings when I record through the keyboard? Please and thank you!

Also related... probably due to my MIDI inexperience, they Roland keyboard doesn't switch to the new sound when I change it on the vst plug-in. I thought perhaps it was a setting or button I wasn't preparing correctly but, if someone has also had this issue and can help, please advise.

It's been a while that I've demoed EastWest, but my guess is that you have more than one instrument in the same instance of the vst, listening to the same midi channel coming from Tracktion. What you want in these situations is each instrument inside EastWest playing midi from a single midi channel instead: Ch. 1 -> I Violins, Ch. 2 -> II Violins, Ch. 3 -> Violas, etc.

I could help better with some screenshots from your session :tu:

laynemoore wrote:Also related... probably due to my MIDI inexperience, they Roland keyboard doesn't switch to the new sound when I change it on the vst plug-in. I thought perhaps it was a setting or button I wasn't preparing correctly but, if someone has also had this issue and can help, please advise.
It won't do, will it? That's not supposed to happen. Think this is the problem in your first post too. Your keyboard is generating sound itself (audio) and sending midi messages to your sequencer, which produces sound from the VST. This is assuming the keyboard has it's own speakers, I suppose. Or that you're plugging the audio out from the keyboard into the audio in on your soundcard, so it sounds through your speakers, but only recording the midi out to a track.

Is your keyboard patched to a violin sound? As in, if it's not plugged into midi, does it sound like a violin on its own? If so, just turn the audio volume down on the keyboard. It should still send midi messages the same.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”