Tracktion 6 and Plugins..Trouble Loading..LONG LIST

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok this is my first post and i am a total noob..only about 2 months into my home guitar studio "carreer"..i have tracktion 6 and am learning it with the help of videos,reading,and just plain practice..i really want to love tracktion and i do for the most part,but for reasons unknown..it will not load certain plugins that i want to try out..Anvil is the one it is really having problems with..i have deleted and re downloaded and moved from folder to folder scanned and re scanned..32 bit and 64 bit (im running 64 bit T6)..no matter what it will not load this plugin..and an extremeley long list of other plugins as well..i downloaded Reaper because i want to become familiar with a second DAW in case i have to make a quick exit from T6..reaper scans and loads any and all my plugins any time so far..it has loaded anything i throw at it so far...i'm ok with not being able to use a plugin or two,but a long list of them is kinda overboard..anyone else having this trouble with T6 or is it just me?

I've just tried scanning 64-bit Anvil in Tracktion 6 64-bit and it seems to get stuck testing Anvil.dll.

It does, however, scan okay in Tracktion 7 64-bit and works perfectly fine.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

yes exactly,it keeps getting stuck scanning it..just freezes forever...but its just not that plugin,well thats the only one it actually "freezes" on..but i've got tons of plugins that it won't load up that i'd love to use..it pops out this huge screen that says these plugins failed to load properly or something of that nature..however i can scan the same hundred plus plugins and scan them,load them,and run them flawlessly in Reaper without breaking a sweat...Tracktion is my first daw and i'm still very new and i want to love tracktion,but not being able to use plugins that i like is kind of a deal breaker..i downloaded the T7 trial and the Anvil plug will load and work..BUT,i still have a gigantic list of plugs that still fail to load and run..i don't get it...the files aren't corrupt or broken or anything,i don't think Reaper would run them so well if it was an issue with the actual plugins..sooo..idk..i won't give up on it just yet,but seems like a lot of ppl would have a complaint about this if it's happeneing to others as well...thanks for your reply!

Some plug-in writers deviate from the standards. Some DAWs are looser than others in what they'll accept.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Sometimes the presence of one flaky plug will prevent the loading and validating of other plugs during the same scan.
It's trial and error, but try adding some of your non-working plugs without the rest of them to see if they're recognized that way.

This might work:

Try running a previous version of Tracktion, like T4 or T5. Sometimes 'flaky' plugins will load correctly in those versions.

zxant wrote: 
This might work:

Try running a previous version of Tracktion, like T4 or T5. Sometimes 'flaky' plugins will load correctly in those versions.

This is the best option if you have Tracktion 4 is the best way to go.
If you do not own T4 the best way is to drag and drop the plugins in on the plugin settings page in the plugin list.

lay it prodctions wrote:
zxant wrote: 
This might work:

This is the best option if you have Tracktion 4 is the best way to go.
If you do not own T4 the best way is to drag and drop the plugins in on the plugin settings page in the plugin list.

Yes! T4 is the least fussy about loading plugins. And T4 and T5 are free too! :)

T4 x64 doesn't load Anvil 64 either. I had to run the 32-bit versions of T4 and Anvil, then switch to the 64-bits. Worked perfectly well, but a major PITA. Maybe there's a file you can edit to force a plug to be recognized?
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Jafo wrote:T4 x64 doesn't load Anvil 64 either. I had to run the 32-bit versions of T4 and Anvil, then switch to the 64-bits. Worked perfectly well, but a major PITA. Maybe there's a file you can edit to force a plug to be recognized?

Maybe you could try to edit "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion 4\Tracktion.settings" (Windows 7 here) manually, but there are some system generated parameters per VST(i) that you have no way of knowing. :(

Return to “Tracktion”