Tracktion 2 Win 7 Drivers?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have some plugins and other things I need to occasionally reference in my old T2 setup (which is ,saddly, gone due to losing my old XP machine).

Do T2 drivers these exist? I understand there would be very little commercial need for this, but as an exclusive Tracktion user it would be reassuring to know that I can move backwards and forwards if I need to .

Yes, I know the T2 files are compatible with the newer versions, but frankly I like T2 and its simplicity sometimes.

Also, some of my old reliable plugins (especially the Mackie ones) only work partially in T6 (e.g. plays, but no adjustable parameters in T6 version). I had some real standby plugs that became a part of my arsenal of sounds.

I would love to have it back as an alternative. Plus I have about 600 projects in that format and I can browse more quickly in T2 rather than importing all of them into T6 and discovering bad plug-ins etc.

Just asking....
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

I don't think there is such a thing as drivers for any version of Tracktion.

Your chief problem is going to be registering T2. I did have the idea, some years back, that it might be possible to collect a number of machine Ids and the related image files (IIRC) that authorised a particular computer.

On the other hand, it might be that T2 authorisation preceded the unfortunate Mackie era and that someone among the current owners might know how to work it.

Otherwise you'll just have to suffer the weight of progress...

You say that you "lost" your XP machine. I'm still regularly running at least one XP machine and have others mothballed for future use. Did the loss include the death of the XP machine's hard drive? It might not be entirely out of the question to build yourself a new XP or Vista machine.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Check your messages.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

jabe wrote:It might not be entirely out of the question to build yourself a new XP or Vista machine.
I suspect a modern machine running a VM'd XP (in, say, VirtualBox) will probably be faster than an equivalent PC of that era might have been, and certainly more futureproofed, since VM snapshots dont break down.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
jabe wrote:It might not be entirely out of the question to build yourself a new XP or Vista machine.
I suspect a modern machine running a VM'd XP (in, say, VirtualBox) will probably be faster than an equivalent PC of that era might have been, and certainly more futureproofed, since VM snapshots dont break down.
True.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I don't know how easy it would be to get a new XP or Vista licence to put in a VM. Getting an old machine and tarting it up or recycling an old HDD with existing T2 and Windows licences might just be easier. If his old HDD were still around, he might have a chance of making T2 work. I don't know how tied in to all the PC bits and pieces it was.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the licensing. I got T2 through a Mackie purchase, so it may not work.

Also, my XP machine died in the sense that the drive died. I replaced it, but couldn't get it to take a license either.

Oh well, thanks again everyone for trying to help
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

I sent you a private message, but it hasn't left my inbox, which says that you haven't seen it.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Return to “Tracktion”