Undo not working?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

I'm dealing with a very frustrating problem right now. While tracking drums, I'll often do multiple short takes as it's quicker and easier, but when I have to do a part repeatedly I often need to delete the clips I just recorded from the tracks and do it again after listening back. I used to be able to do this, but for some reason the Undo feature is no longer working. I have also tried using Undo immediately after recording and this also does not work.

This is extremely frustrating as I have to manually Ctrl+Click 11 or 12 tracks (I can't shift-click because all my tracks overlap) in order to delete each take.

The only thing that I have changed about my work process is that the drum tracks are all now located in a Submix track, which I can't see causing the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It really slows me down when I'm trying to work and disrupts my train of thought.

I would REALLY appreciate a way to fix this. I have another 9 or so songs that I want to record in the next few weeks and it's going to drive me mental.

I was looking through the General Behaviour settings the other day when I realised the scroll wheel on my mouse was adjusting the Levels of Undo figure. Is yours still above zero?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Next time I fire up the laptop I'll check, thanks for the tip!

The odd thing is that when I attempt to undo, the undo button is highlighted and redo button is not, but if I click the button or press Ctrl+Z nothing actually happens. Hopefully I've accidentally set the undo levels to 0 and it will be that easy a fix!

Ok, so I haven't had a chance to attempt to test it yet but I believe the undo levels was the problem

It was set to 5 (presumably by accident), and I'm guessing that each of my 12 tracks counts as a single undo level, so with only 5 undo levels it couldn't undo all of them and therefore got stumped.

Once I've got the recording gear set up again I'll test it to see if it's fixed but I'm guessing it is now. Thanks again, Jabe!

Hi guys, I just downloaded Tracktion yesterday and I've been frustrated at not being able to find the options for Save and Undo (although my changes do get saved if I close my session). Most software has some kind of 'File' menu which allows for saving and loading projects - but believe it or not... Save / Load / Undo etc aren't even mentioned in the Quick Start guide!!

Where would I find all this stuff in Tracktion?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit... Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad.!

There's a set of buttons in the lower left corner.

When it comes to Load, you do that from the Projects page.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

You can also use the standard Undo shortcut - Ctrl+Z to Undo, which is what I normally use.

Thanks guys !
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit... Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad.!

Ok, have finally gotten around to doing some recording again (on my desktop computer) and the Undo feature is indeed not working after recording 8 tracks, with an undo level of 40.

Can this PLEASE be addressed asap!

Ok, just as a little experiment I have discovered the root cause:

It's because I'm using Submix folders to contain some of my tracks.

If I remove the Submix folders the Undo feature works correctly.

It also occurs with Folder tracks.

What happens is if I record while I am using Submix or Folder tracks, even if tracks within the Folder are not actively recording, it completely blocks any Undo actions from occurring.

Return to “Tracktion”