Cracking Sealed T3

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was referred to this forum by support when I asked how to unlock an unopened Traction 3. I was told some people on this forum might know how to crack it. It should be just right with my Apple G4 Powerbook running osx10.4.

Any thoughts?

A little history to start with. Tracktion was acquired by Mackie in 2003 and they eventually had an online routine which created an image file to authenticate/validate/authorise Tracktion on PCs, Macs, etc. Tracktion 3 was the final Mackie release, and after that Mackie stopped developing Tracktion and left it to die. Around 2012, Tracktion was rescued from Mackie by TSC, which included Julian Storer, who wrote it in the first place. It was given a change of image, several licks of paint, a new authorisation method, various other tweaks, and released as Tracktion 4 in January 2013.

When Tracktion was taken from Mackie, a few things didn't get transferred. One was Mackie's authorisation routine and its workings. Time had passed, people had left Mackie or moved onto other work, information goes missing. Another, it turned out, was information about some of the plug-ins bundled with Tracktion 3 - some of the plug-ins were not fully VST compliant. There had been tweaks, possibly so that some of the plug-ins wouldn't work with other DAWs, possibly for other more benign reasons. Information about the tweaks got lost. That meant that some of the bundled plug-ins were not VST compliant and don't work with DAWs other than T3. Nobody knows how to change that.

Some people will tell you that Tracktion 5 is free, so why bother with Tracktion 3? Well, some of the plug-ins in the unopened T3 you have will not work with T5. It's up to you to decide whether that matters.

I did at one point consider collection Mackie's authentication image files and computer details from people to see if I could work out how to generate the image files, but time is short.

I don't know whether anyone can help you get your unopened T3 running. At worst or at best, you can get free T5 and use with it some of the plug-ins bundled with your unopened T3. I expect T6 will become free sometime next year, if you prefer to wait.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I wonder if anyone could create a wrapper plugin that identifies as Tracktion 3 to plugins it wraps so I could use some of those very expensive plugins I bought.

Does T4 work with mac OS X 10.4.11?

ibobbywhite wrote:Does T4 work with mac OS X 10.4.11?
Why don't you install it and find out?

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/app/d ... chive/?v=4
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I think that registration requires communication with a server that no longer exist. In other words... I don't think it will work. :(

Given that T5 is now free, why bother with T3?

Now, you could extract it and make a copy of some of the plugins that came with T3 into your "new" plugin directory. The mda piano isn't great as a solo piano, for instance, but quite passable in a busy mix. The synths and sampler probably aren't worth the effort to look at. Some of the EQ's are also OK.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Metamorphosis did a guide to unlocking T3 on his website. It was posted in this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... amorphosis
Unfortunately, his website is gone, and wasn't present on the wayback machine.

There was another post, before the above post, where he explained how to do it, and offered to do it for people that needed it, since it involved some suspect software running in a virtual machine. I looked for the post briefly, but couldn't find it. He got inundated with requests, and eventually published the above guide.

It involved running a cracker's key generator (which contained a virus/trojan) in a virtual machine to obtain an unlock code. Believe it or not, the guide was stickied for awhile on the tracktion forum.

I think he's still on the forum, so perhaps a polite PM would result in some more info.
Good luck!

Can some Juce guru create a wrapper that tells the plugins it wraps that it is Tracktion 3. I never even got to try all the bundled plugins I paid for.

Rock wrote:Can some Juce guru create a wrapper that tells the plugins it wraps that it is Tracktion 3. I never even got to try all the bundled plugins I paid for.
I doubt it, because I'm sure the T3 code made allowances for VST incompatible stuff, and, as I said above, nobody knows what the incompatibilities were.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”