Tracktion 6 and Scarlett 18i8 Crashes

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm..tried to record with 16 mics and had a lot of freeze-ups and halts. In fact, had to restart Tracktion between each take and even then it died a few times during takes!

I assumed it was input overload, but now I am having this problem with just two tracks, too. Not using any plugins, of course.

I am running at 48 clock-speed...it may have something to do with it because Scarlett keeps knocking down the sample size to 44.1, even though I set it to 48 (so I can use ADAT). It is ok when ADAT is pushing 48 as master, but it does not want to run it's own clock stand-alone at 48....is that even a possibility?

I realize there are 10,000 variables but just wondering if anyone has dealt with something like this...I'm sure it is abnormal.

Thanks
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

Is you changing it in the Daw or in the mix control, you only can change it in the Daw.

I think I have to change it in Mix Control because I get an 'error creating buffers' if I try to change it from within Tracktion...?? I must be doing something wrong.

I have another clue...I am using the Scarlett for my both system sounds as well as my DAW. Someone told me you can use regular Windows soundcard output for system sounds and still set Tracktion to use my Scarlett as the 'sound card'....

That would be great if that is possible. How do you do it? I tried changing the PC sound card mapping but it just flips back to the Scarlett.

Any hidden pitfalls in running two different clocks (pc at 48.1 and Scarlett at 48) on the same machine?

I would like to try this if it is considered the best practice in home recording..Can anyone fill in a few of the above blanks?

Thank you!
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

That's the problem once You choose the clock on the system and it is your DAW soundcard it can conflict I never ran my system and DAW on the same card just go to the audio in the control panel

set the scarlet to slave, getting the clock from the adatinput (in mixcontrol).
make sure it signals "locked". i don't know how mixcontrol signals that, but there must be a sign of a locked clock state somewhere.

then check additionally in tracktions settings/audiodevices, that the samplerate is set at 48khz.

that should do it.

Return to “Tracktion”