CPU spikes and audio dropout with DEC Equalizer plugin

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have bought the DAW Essential Collection and noticed that the equalizer plugin got some graphic problems on at least two machines with different VST hosts (Tracktion 7, Ardour 5.5, Renoise). When I use the equalizer plugin and open the GUI there are immediately CPU spikes and audio dropouts. When I move my mouse over the GUI and drag an eq handle it's getting worse. It makes no difference if the analyzer is on or off.

I'm running a 64bit Linux system with Jack (Debian 8, Debian 9, XFCE).

Anybody else noticed this?

I just tried to reproduce this with no luck. I'm using T7 with Ubuntu 14.04. Will it do it on an edit with a single plugin, or does it need to be a larger edit? Any tips to reproduce would be appreciated.

Roland

On one of my machines the equalizer works without any problems (Debian 8). Yes, it will produce spikes and dropouts in an empty project with only one equalizer plugin added and opened and as said earlier it's host independent too. Will investigate some more, maybe I can find the reason (different system library, etc). All my machines are running with Intel onboard graphic cards. I can reproduce this any time by just adding the plugin to an empty project. Nothing special to do.

I reinstalled my DAW machine with Debian Stretch and now the equalizer works without problems.

Sad but true. The equalizer crackles are back again. Something i wrong with this plugin.

Return to “Tracktion”