Waveform Dev Update

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chrisstiles wrote:When does the pricing for people who have own some of the plugins or have bought the plugins recently, come out? I already have both MicroSynths and MasterMix (bought ages ago), and also DAW Essentials (bought after the stated cut off this year).

Also, does this mean that the standalone versions of these products will be going away?
If you have already purchased a previous version of Tracktion (T6/7) you can simply purchase the $50 Waveform upgrade, that comes with Collective.

If you want to upgrade to one of the other bundles, contact support@tracktion.com and they'll sort you out.

@dRowAudio , thanks for the updates ... I didn't realize you were Dave of the TSC team ... anyways hope you are feeling better and we are all really excited about Waveform even if we get to complaining about the little things ... That we make into BIG things hahaha .... Thanks for reviving Tracktion and making it even better aka . Waveform . .

dupont wrote:...OSX 10.11.16 on a old imac late 2007. Note there are no lag issue with other DAWs, even Logic X run smoothly. For example, can you try microtonic plugins and look at the master level waveform window on it ? I can observe micro freezings. This plugin is OK on other DAW.
How much ram?
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

fedexnman wrote:@dRowAudio , thanks for the updates ... I didn't realize you were Dave of the TSC team ... anyways hope you are feeling better
That's the other Dave from TSC... they've got loads of Daves. They were originally going to call it DSC, Dave Software Company. Okay, there's two of them.
And yes, hope the other Dave is doing well ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

fedexnman wrote:@dRowAudio , thanks for the updates ... I didn't realize you were Dave of the TSC team ... anyways hope you are feeling better and we are all really excited about Waveform even if we get to complaining about the little things ... That we make into BIG things hahaha .... Thanks for reviving Tracktion and making it even better aka . Waveform . .
Thanks fedexnman. Unfortunately I'm not the Dave who's unwell, that's Dave Christensen (aka big Dave). We all send him our best.

Thanks everyone for the constructive feedback. We're testing a new version now and hope to have it out by the weekend which should sort most of these issues.

:hihi:
chico.co.uk wrote:
fedexnman wrote:@dRowAudio , thanks for the updates ... I didn't realize you were Dave of the TSC team ... anyways hope you are feeling better
That's the other Dave from TSC... they've got loads of Daves. They were originally going to call it DSC, Dave Software Company. Okay, there's two of them.
And yes, hope the other Dave is doing well ...
:hihi: :dog:

dRowAudio wrote: If you have already purchased a previous version of Tracktion (T6/7) you can simply purchase the $50 Waveform upgrade, that comes with Collective.
Yeah I know - it's just that the initial announcement stated there would be separate pricing going out to people who had made purchases recently via a newsletter - and i've not seen any sigfn of that so far.

We've just posted the first new betas for Waveform and Collective.
See here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=482586

Really enjoying Waveform so far! Mostly everything is working great for me on my old Mac except one thing I am really looking forward to! When using the Tape Delay in Essentials, switching the delay time knob from sync to non-sync means the knob no longer works. I'd love to be able to use that 5 seconds of delay! OS 10.10.5, Waveform 8.0.24. The other delays seem to work fine!
Thanks!

Congrats on the new release!

Lots to like right off the bat:

1) Love the colors
2) I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Collective. I wasn't against adding a 'core' instrument so that new users would be able to begin creating right away, but I have a number of samplers so didn't think I would find much use in it myself. But Collection is obviously more than 'just a sampler', it's a well laid out, quick loading hybrid sampler/synth with all sorts of potential. (Especially as the sampler part is enhanced). I like it a lot.
3) I love the new dedicated midi editing window, it's been something I've wanted for quite a while.
4) I've always loved Tracktion's unique left to right 'mixer', but having an additional full screen mixer that can be dragged onto a second monitor is a nice addition.
5) The new musicality tools look intriguing. I'm excited to try them out!

On the 'early teething' side, as expected I've experienced some strangeness:
1) Plugins by IZotope are annoyingly slow to load, open, and close. Cakewalk Rapture Pro takes so long to load it's almost unusual. I've gone through all my other plugins, and these seem to be the only ones with this issue.
2) Accessing midi devices seems a bit fragile and finicky. I've had two poof crashes related to enabling midi devices. (My nanoKontrol2, and one of the ports on my old MidiSport 2x2.) On one occasion, Waveform locked up when I attempted to enable a device, and it basically took down ALL my midi devices until I rebooted. The next time I have a crash, I'll send off a log file.

All in all, I'm thrilled to see my favorite DAW continue to move forward.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

tovokas wrote: 2) Accessing midi devices seems a bit fragile and finicky. I've had two poof crashes related to enabling midi devices. (My nanoKontrol2, and one of the ports on my old MidiSport 2x2.) On one occasion, Waveform locked up when I attempted to enable a device, and it basically took down ALL my midi devices until I rebooted. The next time I have a crash, I'll send off a log file.
8.0.25 just went live, this should be fixed now.

FigBug wrote: 8.0.25 just went live, this should be fixed now.
Awesome: The midi device issue looks to be resolved, as well as the slow-loading iZotope plugins! The only thing left on my list is Rapture Pro, which still hangs for over a minute before launching.

Thanks!
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

FigBug wrote:
tovokas wrote: 2) Accessing midi devices seems a bit fragile and finicky. I've had two poof crashes related to enabling midi devices. (My nanoKontrol2, and one of the ports on my old MidiSport 2x2.) On one occasion, Waveform locked up when I attempted to enable a device, and it basically took down ALL my midi devices until I rebooted. The next time I have a crash, I'll send off a log file.
8.0.25 just went live, this should be fixed now.
Waveform tells me it's available but I can't see it on the download section - not even in archives - just 8.0.24

Had the same confusion, the 'live' non-beta version is 8.0.25.
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

OK but where is it? (for people who haven't bought it yet)

Return to “Tracktion”