Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fiedler audio stage
Guess just needed a restart seems to be working fine now. :tu:

PSP Vintage Warmer 2.7.2 VST (all subtypes: VW2, VW, MicroWarmer) are crashing WaveForm 8.2.5 (and 8.2.3) to the desktop each time you attempt to open the GUI. The AU versions seem to be working fine. (But I have dozens of songs with the VST plugins spread all over the place).

MacOS Sierra, Waveform 8.2.5
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

Waves H-Reverb VST2.4 crashes Waveform 8.2.0 Mac Sierra. AU works fine

Waves IR-L will not open for me - when I try to do so, Waveform crashes. Other Waves plugins so far (using version 9.3) seem fine. I am using Waveform 8.2.0 on Windows 10, 32 bit version. I also sent the log file to support.

I'm just testing Sugar Bytes Egoist (Demo Version, Win 10, 64 Bit). First loading of this plugin, everything works fine. If the GUI had to reopen again, Waveform and also Tracktion 6 crashes without any error message. I have found the crashdump from Waveform but can't read it.
Someone else can confirm this bug?

I have a very similar problem with DeeSpeaker.
I contacted them on Facebook and they confirmed.
But I did not hear of any update by them.

I sent this to support, but thought I'd mention it here. I cannot get Waveform to recognize Pulsar P900 AU plugin. It simply doesn't show in the list. It does show in Live. I cannot get it to show up in Reaper either....wondering if anyone else has gotten this to work within Waveform? (I'm working with the demo, but I won't even consider buying it if I cannot get it to work in either Waveform or Reaper).

Just tested Jamstix 4 beta on waveform 8.2.1, does not even loads (deactivated).

And please dont tell me nothing about devellopers making their plugs wrong, jamstix has worked threw ALL instances of Tracktion without problems before, and (as with so many plugs before....), jamstix 3 works fine in waveform :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

And please no more jokes about a paid waveform 9 befor this mess is cleaned....

win 7 64 bit, waveform 64 bit, jamstix 4 beta 64 bit

EDIT: I dont know what exactly brings the changes but I first loaded jamstix 3, then deleted the deactivate message in the plugin settings window, then rescanned and this time I get no deactivate message, replaced jamstix 3 with jamstix 4 beta and that seem to work so far (lets see tomorrow what happens if I try to open project again....)

tatanka wrote:Just tested Jamstix 4 beta on waveform 8.2.1, does not even loads (deactivated).

And please dont tell me nothing about devellopers making their plugs wrong, jamstix has worked threw ALL instances of Tracktion without problems before, and (as with so many plugs before....), jamstix 3 works fine in waveform :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

And please no more jokes about a paid waveform 9 befor this mess is cleaned....

win 7 64 bit, waveform 64 bit, jamstix 4 beta 64 bit

EDIT: I dont know what exactly brings the changes but I first loaded jamstix 3, then deleted the deactivate message in the plugin settings window, then rescanned and this time I get no deactivate message, replaced jamstix 3 with jamstix 4 beta and that seem to work so far (lets see tomorrow what happens if I try to open project again....)
I just tried to download and test Jamstix 4 Beta but couldn't find anywhere to do so. Do you need to be registered or have paid for Jamstix 3 to do this?

But also can I get the situation clear?
• Jamstix 3 has worked in all previous versions of Tracktion/Waveform
• Jamstix release a major update and preview it in beta
• The new beta now doesn't work in Waveform?

But also can I get the situation clear?
• Jamstix 3 has worked in all previous versions of Tracktion/Waveform
• Jamstix release a major update and preview it in beta
• The new beta now doesn't work in Waveform?
There is no official beta from jamstix 4 at the moment, it is just on the way from internal beta testing to official beta testing. But if you send an email to Ralf at support@rayzoon.com I am sure you will get a version for testing.

- yes, jamstix 3 has worked in all previous versions of TRACKTION (till 7) and works in waveform 8.1.2
- yes, new beta from jamstix 4
- dont work at first load (rescan vst for new or updated vst) and get deactivated, then as I posted in the EDIT:
I dont know what exactly brings the changes but I first loaded jamstix 3, then deleted the deactivate message in the plugin settings window, then rescanned and this time I get no deactivate message, replaced jamstix 3 with jamstix 4 beta and that seem to work so far (lets see tomorrow what happens if I try to open project again....)
Will try and see what happens if I open the project with the jamstix 4 again this evening after work...

I own Jamstix 3, and it errors all the time, to be frank.

Jamstix 4 is a beta, that's not publicly available. It is absolutely normal for that not to work. That's why it's not a GA product yet.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Hi Chico,
I own Jamstix 3, and it errors all the time, to be frank.

Jamstix 4 is a beta, that's not publicly available. It is absolutely normal for that not to work. That's why it's not a GA product yet.
Then I am lucky, as I said, no problems in any T version before and not in waveform with the jamstix 3.

Should not matter that it is beta cause it works in other daw and the problem is that the general behaviour (plugin working in ALL T versions before but not in waveform anymore) is another proof of how buggy waveform is in case of plugins compared to the T versions before.

I am happy that it works now and I am sure that this IS (one of the many....) problems in waveform with plugins that did not exist (not in that magnitude, I am not talking about some exotic exeptions but a bunch of) before in the T versions that it first cant load a plugin and deactivates it and then after manually deleting the deactivaton message and then load it again after loading the old version it magically works when rescanning.

Its another strange thing like the one I had with catanya (which worked in all other versions before too) that wont load as 64 bit but does as bridged 32 bit.

Its just that usually with a new version of a daw the plugin compatibility should be increased and with the change from T 7 to waveform it just decreases thats it.

You're simply wrong, and don't understand the beta process.

Jamstix 4 has been more than 3 years in development and is now in private beta stage. It IS ABSOLUTELY NORMAL that it doesn't work 100% in all hosts, at this stage. If it did work reliably, during beta testing, it would be ready to be made available to buy.

You need to find a way to reproduce the error, if possible, and report it to Ralph, so he can investigate, and fix the incompatibility. That may or may not require help from the TSC devs.

If you don't understand and aren't comfortable with the above being the case, you should not be beta testing audio plugins. It's not about blame, and who you think you should moan at. It's about helping the devs make sure their products work well together.
Last edited by chico.co.uk on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, me wrong, you are right, you understand, I dont, discussion closed.

It's not a discussion, this is what beta testing is about. Getting early versions of software when they're expected to have bugs, and helping find and fix those bugs.

It doesnt really matter whether you think that's what beta testing is, that is what it is.

Return to “Tracktion”