Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These are literally three published 5 star reviews for the Waves Omni Channel, on pages 13 and 14 of the reviews section ;
https://www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-om ... ab-reviews

"HenkeliVerified Reviewer
01/25/18
The look
I´m sure it sounds good, I haven´t had a bad experience with any waves plugin, this one I bought just for the look of it, it was worth every money by just the look, now I got to try it. Nice work Waves and Scheps!"

"ShahriarVerified Reviewer
01/24/18
Were can I buy Andrew Scheps T-shirt? I’m a big fan!
Thank you Andrew!
Can’t wait to install it.
Scheps EQ and Andrews parallel compression tricks are my favorite."

"Eagle T.Verified Reviewer
01/25/18
WOW
I haven’t been this excited about a plugin in a long time. Just installed it and gonna try and use it later, but I’m loving it already. I’m really becoming a real fan of Andrew Scheps as an engineer and as a person in general. And thanks Waves for an amazing plugin."

I mean .... come on, f**k off. One guy hasn't installed it. Another thinks it looks nice, but hasn't tried it yet, and the third has installed it, but hasn't got round to trying it. Five stars each

But I can't say "Hey, this doesn't work in Tracktion guys, come on ..."

Sorry, but no.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

If nothing else, I think we're both hoping for the best kind of awesomeness for WaveForm 9, so:

:hug:

I agree it's frustrating, but Waves does have a compatible DAW list. I can understand that they might not be thrilled about a bad rating because a plugin doesn't work in an app that isn't on the list. That's sort of the point of the list. But your intention to warn Waveform users is obviously on the mark.

I would hope at some point Waveform is placed in the compatible apps pool so things are tested properly on Wave's end, and there's more of a formal path of communication between the Waves and Tracktion teams.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

Believe me, I want to sort the Waves compatibility issues as much as anyone. I've spent many hours investigating and seeing what could be wrong here but as I detailed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=482914&start=168, there's really no more I can do without some info from there end.

That exchange got to a really promising stage with Eyal from Waves acknowledging the problem however since then we've not heard from them. As chico.co.uk says, the best thing people can do is report compatibility problems to Waves in the hope that we make it up their priority list. I am very keen to get this sorted.

Quick update on the Scheps Omni Channel Strip from Waves, in Tracktion - the VST2 version doesn't work (GUI issues, it's impossible to click elements of the gui, and use it)

The VST3 version *does* appear to work ... so that's handy

Great catch: I'm embarrassed I didn't check the different versions first thing! Off to AudioDeluxe. :)
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Ironically, I had it in my head there's an issue with some Waves VST3 plugins in Tracktion, so I only scanned for VST plugs since the latest waves update, so.i don't get both version in a list, and didn't know which was which. Apparently its not that simple...

Time to start tagging the v2.4 or v3 versions as "not working" individually, and using the plugin tag menu, so I know which to use in edits... Sigh. I tag stuff as "channel strips" or "delays" or whatever, so I can find and try stuff easier

Oh, and it does seem to be a great channel strip

You can get it for $37.87 if you get it from everyplugin.com and use a code of WEEKEND10 at checkout

Yeah, I use the custom plugin menu editor to organize my plugins, so you can pick and choose between the AU, VST, and VST3 versions of a particular plugin to find the most stable version before dropping it in to my folders.

I have to do something similar in Studio One by hiding the troublesome versions: I have many plugins that will crash it to the desktop if I use the 'wrong' version, but there's no rhyme or reason which will work best: sometimes it's the AU that crashes, other times VST or VST3. :)

I've actually been really impressed with the stability of Waveform v9: it's proving far more stable with my 3rd party plug-ins on my Mac than Studio One. (Studio One is rock solid with it's own (admittedly increasingly impressive) built-in instruments and effects).
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I get a "poof" crash every time I try to load Waves Electric 200 VSTi, both in Waveform 8 and the 9 beta.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

cjayconrod wrote:I get a "poof" crash every time I try to load Waves Electric 200 VSTi, both in Waveform 8 and the 9 beta.
Waves plug-ins can be reluctant to cooperate. There's a new thread for details of any that won't play nicely: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=499942
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

cjayconrod wrote:I get a "poof" crash every time I try to load Waves Electric 200 VSTi, both in Waveform 8 and the 9 beta.
There's a known issue with Waves Instrument plugins crashing in Juce based DAWs (like Waveform). It seems to be a crash within the plugin itself. See Dave's comments here - report.php?f=22&p=6940142

A Waves software engineer called Eyal started looking at this, and commented earlier in this thread, but it's not been resolved yet. See his comments here - viewtopic.php?p=6941365#p6941365

It might be a good idea to log this with Waves support team, and send them those links, and see if they can progress this. The more paying customers who report this as being an issue, in Waveform, the more likely they are to put resources into fixing the issue. Unfortunately Waveform isn't officially on their supported DAW list, so until they get enough customer feedback that people want to use their plugs in this software, they're unlikely to prioritise trying to fix it.

chico.co.uk wrote:
There's a known issue with Waves Instrument plugins crashing in Juce based DAWs (like Waveform). It seems to be a crash within the plugin itself. See Dave's comments here - report.php?f=22&p=6940142

A Waves software engineer called Eyal started looking at this, and commented earlier in this thread, but it's not been resolved yet. See his comments here - viewtopic.php?p=6941365#p6941365

It might be a good idea to log this with Waves support team, and send them those links, and see if they can progress this. The more paying customers who report this as being an issue, in Waveform, the more likely they are to put resources into fixing the issue. Unfortunately Waveform isn't officially on their supported DAW list, so until they get enough customer feedback that people want to use their plugs in this software, they're unlikely to prioritise trying to fix it.
See this: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=499942
Hello everyone, over the coming weeks we're going to work closely with Waves to improve plugin compatibility with Waveform. In order to help us with this, could you please share any plugins that are problematic.

Please be as concise as possible and if you want to start a longer discussion please do this in another thread. This thread is essentially for us to build a test suite so I'd hate for any important plugins to get missed.

In your reply please state:

• Waves Plugin Name
• Plugin version
• OS
• Plugin format
• A short description of the problem (e.g. crash when inserted on to a track)

Cheers!
Dave
Windows 10 and too many plugins

That's great news :)

I tripped over this and wondered if it might be relevant. It's about Waves plug-ins crashing in Cubase on 64-bit PCs. In 2013, so it all might be sorted by now.

http://www.pendlebury.biz/waves-plugins ... -your-daw/
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Omnisphere trips over Waveform when you try and load 2 or more big presets at the same time. I tried to fix this - I couldn't reload the edit - it kept dying. I looked all over to find a place where I could specify the amount of CPU to allow - forgot where that was (unless I'm confusing this with another DAW) or its only available when first installing.

Tracktion is receiving my crashes (at least I'm allowing them to per my settings) so I would like to know what they find out.

Return to “Tracktion”