Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vitocorleone123 wrote:I have multiple VST synths that reset to the default patch in a sound bank as soon as it hits the end of a MIDI clip unless I freeze the track. Tracktion 7 also suffered this issue early on, so it seems like a (very unwelcome) regression.
Are your VST synths capable of responding to MIDI bank/patch change events in a clip?

If so maybe Waveform is sending a default bank reset.

If you click on a MIDI clip and look down under properties, you will see several menu items listed under "Insert Program Change", including "Remove all program-change messages from this clip" and "Send bank-change message on program change".
Windows 10 and too many plugins

cool will chec kthat out tonight...
thanks

Renoise Redux Rack Wrapper won't multioutput in Waveform , but works in Tracktion 7 .... So must be something buggy with Racks or Redux .

zzz00m wrote:
vitocorleone123 wrote:I have multiple VST synths that reset to the default patch in a sound bank as soon as it hits the end of a MIDI clip unless I freeze the track. Tracktion 7 also suffered this issue early on, so it seems like a (very unwelcome) regression.
Are your VST synths capable of responding to MIDI bank/patch change events in a clip?

If you click on a MIDI clip and look down under properties, you will see several menu items listed under "Insert Program Change", including "Remove all program-change messages from this clip" and "Send bank-change message on program change".
That did the trick! There was really no reason for that to be happening - all I did was record a brief MIDI clip. Given that it was unintended and unexpected, I'd still consider this a bug.

Remove all program-change messages from this clip
I suppose you switched it to this to stop messages... Haven't had a chance to check it.
Or did you lock it to the program?

" OneSmallClue Poise " isn't working for me in Waveform(T8), but works fine in Tracktion7​ .. It's a multioutputs​ plugin too, but I can't get it to work SOLO or out of a RACK either .

Virsyn Tera 3. I am using Waveform 8.1.2 on Windows 10, 32 bit version. When pressing a note, whether on the Waveform virtual keyboard, the on-screen keyboard within Tera 3 or my external midi keyboard, the note does not sustain and stops playing as soon as I press the key - sounds like a pluck, no matter which preset I use. This same plugin works correctly in Tracktion 7, as well as other DAWs on this machine (e.g., FL Studio). Otherwise, I am loving Waveform so far. Please help!!

Yeah , I'm crossing my fingers on the next update , Waveform is awesome just needs some de-buggin. ..

bharris22 wrote:Virsyn Tera 3. I am using Waveform 8.1.2 on Windows 10, 32 bit version. When pressing a note, whether on the Waveform virtual keyboard, the on-screen keyboard within Tera 3 or my external midi keyboard, the note does not sustain and stops playing as soon as I press the key - sounds like a pluck, no matter which preset I use. This same plugin works correctly in Tracktion 7, as well as other DAWs on this machine (e.g., FL Studio). Otherwise, I am loving Waveform so far. Please help!!
I had exactly the same thing happen with two plugins from SONiVOX. Your description of a "pluck" is exactly what they sounded like. The weird thing is that they will play back a MIDI clip just fine.

fedexnman wrote:Yeah , I'm crossing my fingers on the next update , Waveform is awesome just needs some de-buggin. ..

and then some...

It is - without exaggeration - the most unstable host I have ever used (within more thna fiveteen years and including Tracktion back in the day) ATM - I only have so much time to make music and after having been in Crash City for a whole evening back at the end of April I could only bring myself to re-opening Tracktion this evening. It was a totally different project (entirely new Project back then, old project from 2003 now (a little KVR classic b.t.w.)) and totally different plugins and again it was crash after crash - even when doing nothing more than editing MIDI.

What on earth?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Yeah , I'm crossing my fingers on the next update , Waveform is awesome just needs some de-buggin. ..

and then some...

It is - without exaggeration - the most unstable host I have ever used (within more thna fiveteen years and including Tracktion back in the day) ATM - I only have so much time to make music and after having been in Crash City for a whole evening back at the end of April I could only bring myself to re-opening Tracktion this evening. It was a totally different project (entirely new Project back then, old project from 2003 now (a little KVR classic b.t.w.)) and totally different plugins and again it was crash after crash - even when doing nothing more than editing MIDI.

What on earth?
Most times when a DAW crashes, it's due to plugin incompatibility. Unless it is crashing for all users, which it appears not to be doing. I'm saying this because I do not experience any crashes with Waveform. Yes, there are other issues, but I have yet to see a crash, or general instability ...

Suggest that you isolate the possible plugins that are causing instability and report them to Tracktion support. Disable them all, and then enable one at a time until you get a crash. Then see if you can replicate to confirm that is it.

[clicked quote instead of edit]
Last edited by jens on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

if only it was nearly that simple - as I mentioned it was two totally different projects - and they didn't share any common plugins. Tracktion crashing fon my machine really seems to be unrelated to the plugins used. Just because it diesn't happen on your machine, it does in no way indicate that it must be plugin related. It is a lot more complex than that. And even if it IS in fact a plugin that's causing the crash, that still does nit all all mean the crash will neccessarily happen immediately after you enable the plugin.

B.t.w.: thanks for the advice, but - you must have overread this - I am really far from being a beginner.

jens wrote:if only it was nearly that simple - as I mentioned it was two totally different projects - and they didn't share any common plugins. Tracktion crashing fon my machine really seems to be unrelated to the plugins used. Just because it diesn't happen on your machine, it does in no way indicate that it must be plugin related. It is a lot more complex than that. And even if it IS in fact a plugin that's causing the crash, that still does nit all all mean the crash will happen immediately after you enable the plugin.

B.t.w.: thanks for the advice, but - you must have overread this - I am really far from being a beginner.
Yup, I got that. Been using a music computer for 20 years myself, so I figured if you haven't learned anything in 15 years, maybe ya could use some coaching ... and I do think that your experiences may be self inflicted, due to your computer configuration, plugins, etc. :D

One idea for a cause might be small ASIO buffers - perhaps Wafeform doesn't like them for a reason, or at least not with some drivers? What do people use? My Profire 2626 run @128 samples...

will have to experiment, but it's tedious and I'd much rather makes music instead with a host that doesn't constantly crash on me... but then it might not get fixed... catch28

Return to “Tracktion”