Collective in Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I bought the upgrade today.

Downloaded Collective also, registered it and loadet it into my first project just to check it out.

First it does respond when I press its keys with my mouse but does not respond to my midikeyboard even though the midi acitivity is shown in the DAW as working.

Second................there are noooooooooooooooooo presets to find anywhere.

Do I have to download them also or buy them seperat or what am I doing wrong????

Cheers
classic

So, I found the sounds in the bundle installer.
This works fine.
BUT, Collective does not responde to my midikeyboard at all. Just to the mouse.
Strange.
Win 10 I am using if that is good for anything.
Any help?

Yes: set your midikeyboard on channel 1

It seems that Collective only responds to MIDI channel 1 in Waveform, as well as in other DAWs I have tested it with.

I encountered this when I tried to export 4 MIDI tracks to another DAW. I set the tracks to channels 1-4, so that I could split them at the other DAW by MIDI channel number.

When I dropped Collective in to all 4 tracks in the other DAW, only the first track (MIDI channel 1) would play. I had to setup routing in the DAW for the other tracks so that [MIDI All ->1] on tracks 2-4. That seems to work.

I have other soft synths that respond to ALL MIDI channels (OMNI), so it cuts down on the extra steps to match up the channels.

I think that responding in OMNI channel mode should at least be an option for Collective.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes agreed, an omni mode is something we'll look in to.
For the moment we only respond the MIDI on channel 1 to save the rest of the channels if we implement MPE. However as the standard MPE layout has its global channel on MIDI channel 1 we'll have to add this as a user-settable option.
We'll add it to the FR list. Thanks

Return to “Tracktion”