Memorial Day discount code not working (2017)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MountainKing wrote:Yes, I got this transaction fee as well. But only 10 bucks off (which is 20 %).
That's just not fair to you. In my cart, I do see a $12.50 discount off of a $50 Waveform Basic upgrade, although the transaction fee spoils it somewhat. Did you use PayPal Express or a secure credit card to pay?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
MountainKing wrote:Yes, I got this transaction fee as well. But only 10 bucks off (which is 20 %).
That's just not fair to you. In my cart, I do see a $12.50 discount off of a $50 Waveform Basic upgrade, although the transaction fee spoils it somewhat. Did you use PayPal Express or a secure credit card to pay?
I did not pay so far.

Well, I could double-check that again. But so far I can't tell better things.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Actually, you do get 25% off, but I was wrong about the Transaction Fee being discounted.

$50 - 25% ($12.50) = $37.50 + $3.95 Fee = $41.45.

telecharge wrote:
Actually, you do get 25% off, but I was wrong about the Transaction Fee being discounted.

$50 - 25% ($12.50) = $37.50 + $3.95 Fee = $41.45.
That is exactly what I see in my cart as well.

What is the transaction fee for, I wonder... what is it covering the cost of?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

OK, just doublechecked. Now it seems to work. But this odd fee still is a bit strange to me:

"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

@MountainKing: I'm glad to see you are getting the full 20% discount.

So what do we do? Bite the bullet and just purchase the upgrade, or wait for this transaction fee to be properly explained?

The fee was $1.25 last year.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=458326#p6400323

Their software is reasonably priced, but this fee is a turn-off.

I would like an explanation because no other merchants charge me this fee, and I've purchased a lot of downloadable software from all over the world for many years now.

telecharge wrote:The fee was $1.25 last year.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=458326#p6400323

Their software is reasonably priced, but this fee is a turn-off.

I would like an explanation because no other merchants charge me this fee, and I've purchased a lot of downloadable software from all over the world for many years now.
I just looked back at my T7 upgrade, and sure enough, a $1.25 transaction fee was applied. It does not look like that fee was ever explained in that thread you linked to.

I, too, would like an explanation of the transaction fee, because $3.95 is nearly 8% of the $50 purchase price.

Perhaps we need to start another thread?

It would be nice if they could explain it here, as this is their only forum, but I'm not counting on it.

It would be even better if they explained it on their website. :?

telecharge wrote:It would be nice if they could explain it here, as this is their only forum, but I'm not counting on it.

It would be even better if they explained it on their website. :?
I started a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=485422

Hopefully, someone from Tracktion will respond to this question, and I think they ought to. Without a proper explanation, it allows for skeptical folks to view it as a sneaky way to accrue some extra funds.

Remembering their past sales this offer is not very tempting anyway.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I wonder if, based on PayPal knowing where you live, some of you are being charged VAT?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I'm guessing amazon web services fees being transferred to the customer. They can be set up per instance apparently.

pekbro wrote:I'm guessing amazon web services fees being transferred to the customer. They can be set up per instance apparently.
Hmm... this is the most plausible theory I have heard so far. Regarding Internet Tax for each of the 50 states, this web site covers it: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... -laws.html

murnau wrote:Remembering their past sales this offer is not very tempting anyway.
Have there been better discounts for upgrade purchases? Also, do these sales occur regularly throughout the year, or only just before the next major release of the product?

Return to “Tracktion”