Periodic White Noise in licensed Tracktion Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just installed a licensed version of Tracktion Waveform (came with my Seaboard). While trying it out, I have heard a number of white noise pulses. White noise suddenly starts building and can be seen on the master output meters. It builds for a couple seconds to a threshold and then stops. I have heard there is something similar for demo versions, but again, I'm using a licensed version! What's with this annoying noise?

Might you have an unlicenced plug-in in there too?
Last edited by jabe on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Ooh good point! Thanks for the info.

I think they shipped all their plugins with the install and I may have been trying one of those and didn't really know what was happening or why. I think my Seaboard only comes with a license for Waveform and Collective. I'm still a total newb using Tracktion. I also found that my licensed version of Collective didn't have any presets. I'll figure that out eventually as well I'm sure.

When you sign in on the www.tracktion.com site, there's a section called My Downloadable Products. Where it lists the various version of Collective (for OSX, WIndows, Linux), there's a nearby bit that says Beta | Archives | Notes. Click Archives, and you'll find download options such as Mac Content, etc. These will be your missing presets. They add up to about 3GB, so get yourself a chair, a drink, and a book ready.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”