Export from T6 to Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.
Is it possible to import T6 projects in Waveform?

Yes, you don't even have to import them, you can just open them in Waveform.
However, be aware that once you've opened them in Waveform, you won't be able to open them in earlier versions of Tracktion again.

Yes i opened my project from tracktion 5 in waveform 8
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

It's Waveform 1 really.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

dRowAudio wrote:Yes, you don't even have to import them, you can just open them in Waveform.
However, be aware that once you've opened them in Waveform, you won't be able to open them in earlier versions of Tracktion again.
I've opened and edited T7 projects in Waveform and been able to load and run them in T7. Was this just a stroke of luck? Does just opening them in Waveform actually render them unusable in older versions?, or do you need to make a change and save it in W to make it unusable in earlier versions?

Update Edit: My edits that seem to work well going from T7 to Waveform and back, have no soft synths / midi in them, only audio clips. Also none of the Waveform plugs are being used when editing in that version.

jabe wrote:It's Waveform 1 really.
Actually it is "Waveform Version 8.x.x".

Try doing "Help > About" ...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
jabe wrote:It's Waveform 1 really.
Actually it is "Waveform Version 8.x.x".

Try doing "Help > About" ...
Well, it does say that, it's true. But...
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

You should be able to open all Tracktion/Waveform projects in later versions. If things need converting, they will be converted when opening the Edit.

You should not however then open these project in older versions. Doing so may result in newer features that have been added in later versions being lost (as earlier versions have no concept of these).*
In W8 we added a feature to avoid opening Edits that were saved with later versions but this isn't present in any version of Tracktion unfortunately.

*Some things may still work when opened up in later versions again but we don't officially support this as we can't know when releasing T6 what features we'll add in Wx.

Welcome back Dave!

Thanks for the clarification. I'd assumed it a fool's errand to load and edit T7 edits in W, then go back to T7.

The major project I'm finishing is nested in T7, thus I've been very hesitant to move over to W while it's being ironed out. T7 had been operating beautifully until recently, when I discovered a few rendering bugs with certain plugins. I loaded those troubled T7 edits into W and they've rendered perfectly. Considering this success in W and the fact that W is now the supported platform, I'm of the mind to move the project into W, where I know I'll get support if I have issues.

Return to “Tracktion”