Why is the forum here so quiet???

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bidule wrote:So, basically we pay for yearly updates to own a buggy DAW?
I expect they'll fix bugs where they can reproduce them.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Sounds like it. It would be perfectly fine if WF8 was working good enough, but...

So, basically we pay for yearly updates to own a buggy DAW?
what are you seeing that is causing you to throw your mouse against the wall?
I've seen little things that make me stop and have to figure out -not any less than bitwig, Ableton, or Cubase.

Personally I see every DAW as buggy. Software always patching... :ud:

geqfreq wrote:
So, basically we pay for yearly updates to own a buggy DAW?
what are you seeing that is causing you to throw your mouse against the wall?
I've seen little things that make me stop and have to figure out -not any less than bitwig, Ableton, or Cubase.

Personally I see every DAW as buggy. Software always patching... :ud:
You are right, but if you look carefully, for example Ableton, they don't release a paid update to a major version every year. Thet stick with the 8.x, 9.x for many years before asking for an upgrade price. Ableton 9 was released on 2013, and all updates are free.

Ableton is probably not playing catch up after being left for dead for several years. Ableton probably has more staff. Ableton probably charged more than $30 for its upgrades for several years.

Upgrades are optional. Feel free to wait for the one after next.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I'm going to post a bigger update in a min but just a word on Ableton pricing, Live 9 is €349, Waveform is ~€85. I'm not sure how much upgrades are for Live but for us they're ~€40.

Remember that we only increased our prices this year so if you purchased T4 in 2013 and upgraded every year you would have paid:
$60 + $30 + $30 + $30 + $50 = $200/€170.

(That's without mentioning we run frequent sales/upgrade prices and offer a completely free version of the DAW :wink:)

Comparing us with Ableton isn't really a like-for-like but I also don't think we're as expensive as is being made out...

You're right Dave, I didn't put the price into the equation.
I've just read your update in the other topic. Seems like great things are coming.
Cheers

Thanks. What I was trying to get at with my pricing analysis is that doing yearly paid upgrades enables us to keep the price low which will help attract new users and people using it as a second DAW etc.

If we released a new paid version every four years but charged $200 for it, it's still $200 a new user has to pay which can be prohibiting.

I do understand people's reservations over the yearly paid-upgrade cycle but if you can try and think of it as the price over five years I think it makes sense :D

Actually I had no idea that the updates where only $30. If that's so, I'm OK with it.

ErBen wrote:Actually I had no idea that the updates where only $30. If that's so, I'm OK with it.
Updates to T7 were $30, from Waveform 8 onwards they're $50 but we offer discounted updates fairly regularly.

Return to “Tracktion”