MAKE MVOCODER WORK

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

I've tried to record music in tracktion using mvocoder but i still don't know how to use it.

If someone knows how to set a vocoder in Tracktion, I would be very happy to learn how to do that.

Thanks for answering

I haven't used it (or made it work) or any other vocoder, but I did take a look after reading your post.

You specifically mention recording with MVocoder. I loaded it up to see what I could do with it. I clicked the ? button for help and had a glance at what it said. My interpretation may be wrong, and if so perhaps someone will educate us both.

The impression that I got was that MVocoder may not be an effect you can use when recording (although I'm beginning to see a way in which it possibly could). From the help notes, it appears that the easiest way to use it is to add MVocoder to a track (audio or MIDI), but then you need to route (?) another track to the plug-in, and this second track will be what controls how the vocoder effect is applied.

Now then, I wonder if it is possible to add the plug-in to a track you're about to record, and add the other controlling track to the plug-in parameters so that as you record the vocoder will affect what you are recording. I'm guessing here.

I didn't look at the parameters that MVocoder takes, and perhaps you can use automation to get the effect you want after recording.

As I say, this may be all wrong, so I await input from someone who has used it. If I've got all or some of it correct, it might still be enough to help you make some progress if nobody else comments.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks for answering jabe.
jabe wrote: Now then, I wonder if it is possible to add the plug-in to a track you're about to record, and add the other controlling track to the plug-in parameters so that as you record the vocoder will affect what you are recording. I'm guessing here.
This video has inspired me and I now understand what you meant above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqwp5XkxlEo

I can use vocoder now but I still can't control midi and hear the result at the same time.

But it's a beginning! :tu:

Splendid! Glad to have helped!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”