Collective Public Beta 1.1.2 Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just in case that you don't know how a forum works:

viewforum.php?f=15

It's actually entirely relevant to previous discussions in this, and other threads. If you can't see why, well... that's really your problem.

But yeah, personally I'm about done with it. The content of this thread gives me about as much pleasure as repeatedly poking myself in the face with a blunt pencil. And seems to be as productive.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:
"Open Source" and "Linux" are not synonyms. They're not the same thing. You seem to think they are.
maybe you notice this not, my native language is not english and i do not know what you mean with synonyms. Linux is a open source Operating system. and everybody that use only few code from Linux must release his project as opensource too. read GPL. stop talk about unimportant little things

The important fact i want say. Because Mac OS use much more opensource code as windows, the developer can logical develop mac os faster and cheaper. so for what pay the high price. about steve jobs many say he was a psychopath, so he want get as much money from other he can get.

mac OS market is around 11%, linux is near 11% too. most use windows so the question is, wy the collective developer not test on windows and tell which system work. maybe they are sponsert by apple, and when the windows and linux version work bad, maybe they think people buy a mac. :D
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

if the waveform developer really like mac so much, maybe there mac is too old and they can not run bootcamp on it anymore, to test windows. thats another bad thing of apple. mac OS updates are limit to mac age. for mac high seirra you need such a mac not older as this.
MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP765?locale=en_US

there is no technical reason. windows 10 run on lots older PC. and since 2006 (when core 2 duo come) there is not much speedup in CPU done. when i run benchmarks, my single core and 4 core performance of my 7 year old PC is only 46% lower, user benchmark and cinebench values show this. and if a new PC is not at least 2* faster it is not worth the money, and my system is fast enough what i do. sure it can be faster, but if it is fast enough to start all apps in 2-3 sec there need a 10 GHZ CPU i think

to run windows 10 in bootcamp you need a mac not older as this
Mac computers that support Windows 10

The following Mac models support 64-bit versions of Windows 10 when installed using Boot Camp. Use About This Mac to see which Mac you have, then check this list to see if it supports Windows 10:

MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
MacBook Air (2012 and later)
MacBook (2015 and later)
iMac (2012 and later)
Mac mini (2012 and later)
Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204990

Consider how many different Mac computers there are. The answer is: not many. Apple does not like third party hardware to get inside their computers.

Now consider how many different Windows computers there are. The answer is literally hundreds, perhaps thousands. Anybody can build their own PC. There is little guarantee that any combination of hardware used within a PC is going to work perfectly all the time. While this is also true of Apple computers, it is easier to work around examples of misbehaviour in one or two of perhaps 10 or 20 Macs than it is to work around five or six or ten out of several hundred different PCs.

When you take into account that Apple doesn't care a jot about backwards compatibility, whereas Windows is often backwards compatible with older hardware, this further complicates matters.

If you consider all the different audio and MIDI interfaces and all of their individual levels of compatibility, it becomes obvious that it is much more likely that there will be some Windows PCs that do not behave as required and that no amount of testing can possibly guarantee 100% reliable behaviour under any software as complicated as a DAW and that uses third party interfaces for input and output.

Arguing against reality is futile. We know that Tracktion is a small company and this is reflected in the prices it charges. It is only five years since they rescued Tracktion from the rubbish bin in which Mackie had left it.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Jabe, we need a "like" button here.
Mark Swanson, guitarist and luthier
Click to visit Swanson Guitars
http://www.MarkSwansonMusic.com

jabe wrote: Arguing against reality is futile. We know that Tracktion is a small company and this is reflected in the prices it charges. It is only five years since they rescued Tracktion from the rubbish bin in which Mackie had left it.
reality is, small companies have mostly good support, or they sell not much. only a big company can say. "we need not search for problem, because we sell enough." but as i told, i see never a instrument plugin that have the problem as collective.

Return to “Tracktion”