T6 crashing during export

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My version of Tracktion T6 has taken to crashing when I attempt to export > render to a file. It was doing this occasionally, but now it's become a significant issue.

Current project I'm having an issue with - 13 recorded audio tracks about 3 min in length, Plugins: Eventide Ultrachannel on 11 of those, 6 Mverbs, a couple of HPFs and Traktion MasterMix. Not a heavy load.

I'm on Windows 10, 16g Ram, Core I7, 1T SSD - I don't see that it would be a hardware limitation.

Any ideas.

does it crash as often when you temporarily delete the eventide plugin and render without?
reason for remark: I have that free EQ with the psychoacoustic bands and it crashes when I reopen a saved mix. it works only for some time when I newly insert the plugin to a track.

HansP wrote:does it crash as often when you temporarily delete the eventide plugin and render without?
reason for remark: I have that free EQ with the psychoacoustic bands and it crashes when I reopen a saved mix. it works only for some time when I newly insert the plugin to a track.
I tried exporting without the plugins and it rendered fine. Aside from being a crap mix.

I guess that means there is an issue with me using that many plug ins? It doesn't seem like a lot to me. Pic attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm using like 200 plugins in a mix.
But probably, there are 1 or 2 plugins that are not compatible in your setup, or with T6 in general.
e.g. I have the introductory free license of a certain Eventide plugin, but it does not work with T6, I can only test the sound which is great.
Interestingly, the bigger part of the freeware plugins works, while we heard quite often about issues with expensive pro plugins.
But since some months, they seem to improve relationships with various vendors, and many problems get addressed and solved.
It might make sense to test the recent Waveform versions about these critical plugins. Some might work by now.

Not sure why I'm just having this issue now.

Over the last few months on this computer I've rendered dozens of edits on T6 with use of the Eventide and many other plugins with no issues. There was the occasional crash (maybe once out of 30 or 40 attempts) but now it's not working at all.

sometimes faulty ram and/or faulty disks can cause such crashes. if it worked before with the same machine, i would search in this direction also.
also updates of systemcomponents can lead to unexpected results.
try to remember what happened in this regard before the first crash.

Return to “Tracktion”