PhreePhuzz-Free Saturation Plugin

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LVC-Audio has release PhreePhuzz, a new saturation plugin (beta release). The plugin is free and can be downloaded at http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/phreephuzz/.

PhreePhuzz is an analog saturation simulator designed for subtle saturation. It has very simple controls and four distinct saturation types.

Please feel free to give any suggestions, or report any problems.

Looking forward to the successor :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Looking forward to the successor :)
Yes, there will be a big brother to PhreePhuzz. Hopefully within the next few weeks. At this point, I am working out what features to add.

Even though PhreePhuzz uses some of the algorithms from PreAMPed, the features related to the preamp modeling are stripped out. Well, all but a little "memory-effect" that attenuates the saturation based on the loudness of the signal. There are several features that I couldn't cram into PreAMPed, so I think this will be a good place to put them. I also don't want to duplicate the features of PreAMPed. In general, I see this next plugin as an extension of the "Saturation" controls in PreAMPed.

If you have suggestions, please let me know.

There was a small error in the OSX version that prevented Mode C from working. If anyone wants to have the fix, just redownload the files from the website. The new version has been updated.

How about a type of auto-saturation where it reads selected incoming audio streams from a mix in a daw and saturates where there are gaps or space in the frequency spectrum only in the overall mix or between one or more channels :D ?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Well, I didn't fix the OSX problem like I initially thought. I believe I have it now. I uploaded the new files to the website (http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/phreephuzz/). I tested it in 10.6.8 and the latest Mavericks.

For both the OSX and Windows versions, I also modified mode D a little, and tried to even-out the volume levels between the different modes.

Hey guys. I opened up your phreephuzz plugin and did some tests with a test oscillator and a spectrum analyzer. It seems to me that your anti-aliasing isn't quite working.

I'm on Logic X running at a 44.1khz sample rate.

As I raise the test osc's frequency, I see the harmonics slide up to 22,050hz then instantly add aliasing. If it was using x4 over-sampling, the harmonics could go over 88,200hz. I hope it's a quick fix.

Thanks for your time,

David

Thank you for taking the time to test this.
I have reproduced this using a sin sweep, and I see what you are talking about. It looks like some aliasing is being added to signals above approximately 8K.

I have started to work on fixing this. When I have a fix and it is tested, I will post an update.

dtpietrzak wrote:Hey guys. I opened up your phreephuzz plugin and did some tests with a test oscillator and a spectrum analyzer. It seems to me that your anti-aliasing isn't quite working...
The oversampling engine has been revised. The result is that it is more efficient, and there are no more aliasing artifacts.

I am testing everything now, but look for an update soon.

A new update for PhreePhuzz has been posted at the LVC-Audio site.  The update includes a new oversampling routine that greatly reduces the aliasing when compared to the older version.

I just updated the OSX version of PhreePhuzz. There was a bug in the original version of 1.0.2 that prevented it from loading. The current version on the PhreePhuzz page fixes this issue.

Return to “LVC-Audio”