ClipShifter 2.2 released

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although the list might look short, this is a big update (IMHO). ClipShifter can now process M/S and the three EQ bands independently. There are also a number of enhancements for both the free and paid versions of the plugin. You can download the plugin from http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/clipshifter/

Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions, and if you have any problems.

Major changes and new features from version 2.1.0
  • - New separate L/R threshold tracking control
    - New L/R clipping meter and display of L/R threshold data in waveform view
    - Revised knob images and increased knob precision
    - Added finer gearing of knobs when holding shift or alt keys
    - Improved color display of waveform history
    - Improved control layout

Paid features:
  • - New EQ controls with selectable gain options and independent clipping processing
    - New Mid/Side controls with independent clipping processing
    - Improved high frequency response with oversampling and with high (i.e. > 44000) samplerates
    - Processing improvement when oversampling is engaged
    - Better Double processing with Mid/Side signals

Thanks for the update!

As a 2.2 version does this mean it's a free update on my paid 2.1 version?

C64Paul wrote:Thanks for the update!

As a 2.2 version does this mean it's a free update on my paid 2.1 version?
Free. Absolutely!

I did notice that if you have a project saved in your DAW with ClipShifter 2.1, when you update the file the plugin might show as "Free Version". You can fix this by removing and then loading ClipShifter again in the DAW project. If you have any issues with the registration, please let me know.

My plan is to at least keep all version 2 updates free (if not beyond that). My goal for version 3 is to integrate a spectrum display, so the clipping thresholds can be independently controlled for each of the EQ bands. I've got some other plugins up my sleeve, so version 3 isn't going to happen soon.

I will mention that I do have plans of increasing the price of ClipShifter soon. I haven't finalized the details yet, but it will remain less than $25 USD. I will also give everyone long notice, in case anyone is on the fence about buying ClipShifter at the current price of $11.76.

Excellent! :D

What I find most useful about ClipShifter is being able to see the waveform and the effect the plugin is having on it. It makes things so clear.

Thanks again for an excellent plugin. Looking forward to your future releases and products. ..the multi-band clipping threshold sounds good :)

Excellent plug. But when opening kept before the project, equalizer settings are dumped.
In m/s mode the left and right channels are interchanged the position.Thanks

Thanks for the bug list, and sorry for the problems.
I am working on a small update (2.2.1) and will have it updated soon. The M/S bug is an easy fix, but I am still working on tracking down the problem with saving/recalling of settings. It looks like the EQ gains and frequencies are fine, just the "Process" buttons.

If there are any other issues, please let me know.

Return to “LVC-Audio”