Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

LVC-Audio Updates Everything

random_id
KVRist

253 posts since 30 Apr, 2006, from lancaster, pa

Postby random_id; Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:39 am LVC-Audio Updates Everything

ClipShifter, HotPhuzz, PhreePhuzz, PreAMPed, Toned, TonedPLUS, and Transector have all been updated and can be downloaded at LVC-Audio. The new versions include many common changes. Additionally, there are specific changes to the following plugins:
  • TonedPLUS*:
    -new 2x drive control for more saturation
    -new auto gain control to automatically adjust the output gain level
    -new wide range two-band parametric EQ - this is a lot of knobs, but they are worth it!
  • Toned: Increased the Drive control to +18 dB for a little more grit
  • Transector: finally, support for AAX and RTAS on OSX
  • PreAMPed: new frequency-variable noise algorithm as used on TonedPLUS

The common features for all of the plugins include:
  • improved HQ oversampling
  • update for compatibility with Pro Tools 11.2 (AAX)
  • text entry fix for controls with negative-only values (e.g., typing "5" will automatically be recognized as -5)
  • improve meter reset when clicking on the VU Text readout (on most plugins)
  • standardized meter ballistics across all plugins
  • signed OSX installers
  • fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started
  • revised preset loading and saving function to "future-proof" loading older presets in new version of plugin

*For anyone interested in TonedPLUS, please note that the introductory price will end at the end of September.

Thank you for your support, and please continue to use the Contact page or this forum for any questions, problems, or suggestions.
geronimo
KVRist

308 posts since 17 Oct, 2006, from Franche-Comté

Postby geronimo; Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:26 am Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

Many thanks but I don't find the where they are located ? I dare not take in demo versions .
MacPro 2 X 2,66 GHz, D.P. 8.07 & Kontakt5 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Clavier CamelSpace & CamelPhatt _ Alchemy & Explorer Loïc Le Pape
http://www.loiclepapesteelguitars.com/s ... ?article24
random_id
KVRist

Postby random_id; Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 am Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

geronimo wrote:Many thanks but I don't find the where they are located ? I dare not take in demo versions .

No worries. If you have already purchased any of the plugins, the plugin's registration file will unlock the demo versions. Just download and install, and everything should work.

If you run into any issues with registration, just let me know.
manducator
KVRAF

1844 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Postby manducator; Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 am Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

A few questions:

1. I uninstalled my previous version of clipshifter and installed the latest version. It mentions 2.2 but how do I know it's 2.2.4 or 2.2.5?

2. How is the plugin registered? In the past we had to copy a txt in the same folder as the dll but now I uninstalled the older version (deleting the txt file) and re-installed. No registration was needed. Is something written in the windows registry? Is future registration still the same?

Cheers

EDIT: Very strange, I renamed the clipshifter.dll to something else but Reaper still finds clipshifter vst, although my windows search can't find any clipshifter.dll in my hard drive...
random_id
KVRist

Postby random_id; Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 pm Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

That is why I need to spend some time and make an official "About" box :dog:

Any easy way to tell if the version is 2.2.5 is to click on the VU output text. If the meters (peak, RMS, vus) reset instantaneously, then it is the current version. If it is not, only the text will reset and nothing else. I joke about the "About" box, but I know this is a real reason for why it is needed. It is on the enhancement list.

As for registration, it used to be that the registration file needed to be in the same location as the plugin file (e.g., .dll for VST on Windows, .component for AU, etc.). It was changed a few versions ago to also look in a central location for the registration file. If you have purchased any LVC plugins within the last few months, the directions (included within the email) include a way to click on the plugin, select the registration file, and then the plugin will copy the file to the correct location. This was done so that you didn't need to copy the registration file manually to a bunch of folders.

On Windows, the location is C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/LVC-Audio
On OSX, the location is [username]/Music/LVC-Audio

That being said, it is backward compatible, so the plugin will look within the binary's folder for the registration file, as well as the central location. Going forward, things will probably stay the same since Apple is pretty picky about where and what file a plugin can read. The Music folder is an allowable folder, so that is the reason for OSX. On Windows, I think it also is a good place since many other programs use the AppData folder for information.
manducator
KVRAF

1844 posts since 10 Feb, 2007

Postby manducator; Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

Ok, that's clear, thanks!!
ccDuckett
KVRist

393 posts since 14 Jun, 2011, from Earth

Postby ccDuckett; Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:41 pm Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

Hi, I've really enjoyed the freeware Toned and Clipshifter, but one problem has kept me away from dropping $$ on your other offerings- in REAPER, when a saved project containing either/both plugin(s) is reloaded, the track (or master buss) with the plugin(s) is silent until the plugin's GUI window is open and clicked on. Has anyone else reported this issue or one similar to it? Win 7 x64 if it helps.
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.
random_id
KVRist

Postby random_id; Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:34 pm Re: LVC-Audio Updates Everything

That is certainly a problem. I haven't had anyone report that yet, but I will certainly look at it.

I am in the final process of updating all of the plugins again, so I should be able to get a fix soon.

I assume you are using VST plugins (not VST3) and you are using the latest Reaper (5.0.1, I think).

Moderator: random_id

Return to LVC-Audio