Spark standalones (Dubstep, EDM..)

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cyphersuit wrote:This is a question: yesterday, using the edm standalone, i realized that when you go to the library, the kit you have active is not active there. You have to load it in again.

Is this by design? Makes no sense to me.
Isn't the Edit (on the left of the coverflow) button what you are looking for?

cyphersuit wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:deleted spark and added it again. now it works at least in latch mode. but: horrible pops n clicks in an otherwise empty project. cpu is at 8 %.
this is hit and miss really, the pops n clicks happen when in spark i have selected HOST. This is the only way to HEAR automated values at work. i wrote hit and miss because this isnt always working.
the Slicer automation only works when Spark sequencer is running. That might be the problem you have.

question: i am pitching the bassdrum right now via an automation lane. why does the corrsponding button on spark edm does not move along?
It should, can you give me some details please?

OK; time to clean up this thread (it is my fault that it was messy in the first place).

Some things i could work out, some answered by Kevin (that edit button for example), some still stand uncommented. so here is a new list, no need to read the posts above :)

first the system: Win7 PC, 64 Bit, i7 4.0 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Studio One V 2.5 latest build, 64 bit. all arturia files saved on a ssd drive. using vst versions only.

all tests have been made in an otherwise empty project.

the list:

#1 effects section has a preset handler but no presets in studio one. the manual says there should be factory presets. kevin, please comment!

#2 top menu step sequencer could use a CLEAR ALL button

#3 some drumkits have clipping which causes strange behaviours if you dig deeper. f.e. clipped drums cause weird sounds while bouncing to audio in Studio One.

#4 i deleted a large text here, because it can maybe be solved with a simple question: do i need latch to be enabled to automate filter and slicer? because only then it seems to work..

#5 meanwhile i also bought spark vdm. i can not get midi drag n drop from top sequencer panel to work. using the same options i have enabled in edm and dubstep (where this is working and i love it!). help!

apart from those things it's a great software!
Last edited by cyphersuit on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finally!

Well i just found out that the factory presets (#1 on my list) are included in vintage drum machines (but missing in edm and dubstep)

Maybe that info helps..
Finally!

..Kevin? ;)
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:
#1 effects section has a preset handler but no presets in studio one. the manual says there should be factory presets. kevin, please comment!
I can confirm for Dubstep, have to check for EDM.

I agree :)

#3 some drumkits have clipping which causes strange behaviours if you dig deeper. f.e. clipped drums cause weird sounds while bouncing to audio in Studio One.
Interesting, can you give me some example kits?

#4 i deleted a large text here, because it can maybe be solved with a simple question: do i need latch to be enabled to automate filter and slicer? because only then it seems to work..
What DAW are you using, I know Filter and Slicer automation are not working well in Logic and DP.

#5 meanwhile i also bought spark vdm. i can not get midi drag n drop from top sequencer panel to work. using the same options i have enabled in edm and dubstep (where this is working and i love it!). help!
I have to check but I think this is because this feature has ben developed for Spark 1.5 and VDM has been released before.

thx :)

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
cyphersuit wrote: #1 effects section has a preset handler but no presets in studio one. the manual says there should be factory presets. kevin, please comment!
I can confirm for Dubstep, have to check for EDM.

- Confirmation is not what i seek Will this be fixed in an update?

I agree :)

- So will this be included in a future version?

Interesting, can you give me some example kits?

- I already gave you one before, the kakophonic kit in dubstep, haven't written down the others.

What DAW are you using, I know Filter and Slicer automation are not working well in Logic and DP.

- It's in the posting you quoted Studio One V2.5 64 Bit

I have to check but I think this is because this feature has ben developed for Spark 1.5 and VDM has been released before.

- Those three machines should featurewise be the same. Please update VDM!

thx :)
my comments are included, bold letters...
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:
Confirmation is not what i seek ;) Will this be fixed in an update?[/b]
Yes, but no release date for the moment.
- So will this be included in a future version?
yep.
- I already gave you one before, the kakophonic kit in dubstep, haven't written down the others.
Sorry I did not remember and had not look at the whole thread. I will check this.

- It's in the posting you quoted ;) Studio One V2.5 64 Bit
Sorry again :)

- Those three machines should featurewise be the same. Please update VDM!
I agree with you but this is easier said than done :).
I am currently trying to find a way to update the whole line (Spark, Spark Vintage, Spark Dubstep, Spark EDM) at the same time.
The most problematic part is the test because we have to test a verify each software on all the platforms (Windows/Mac, VST/AU/RTAS, 32/64 bit, Cubase/Logic/Live.......).

Kevin

btw: are you willing to become a beta tester, I think you will be a good one ;)

oh kevin, in my main job i am a project manager for software developments in germany. so i know all about software tests and have very high requirements for software products. (and i know how the market has changed and most companies can't guarantee enough QA anymore)

and while i do believe i would be a good beta tester, i am not sure if i have enough time to do so. because my projects peak around milestones, so sometimes i have time on my hands, at other times i simply don't.

we could try it on the next beta version, if you like and see how it goes.
Finally!

ps: i am very happy with your answers regarding spark.
Finally!

ok I understand, the next beta should begin in the middle of May.

So sad i did not participate... Now i upgraded edm, dubstep and vdm and they all crash studio one v2.5 immediately when trying to open one of them (64 bit).
Finally!

@cyphersuit

I was on button press away from "confirming" my order and decided to take a quick, direct, look on KVR (no immediate results on Google). You just saved me a hundred bucks, thanks. Looks like Spark Dubstep has great potential but I don't spend money on potential.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

@optofonik: you can make your own opinion by trying the demo. Just download latest update and run it in demo mode.

Hey, i can confirm that those bugs i mentioned have ALL been fixed for me. Took some time, but they fixed those things. So right now i am totally ok with the product.
Finally!

Return to “Arturia”