What is it with Arturia?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you guys noticed that ANYWHERE you turn on the net for Arturia everything is dead. Their own forum last posts are like from BC except some Chinesse spamming. KVR Arturia is somewhere in there too. Anyone anything on this? Are they that bad?
Even though i own the V3 Collection and love the SEM V.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

I think they are focused on their hardware right now....Beatstep. Spark 2 IS due out.

But in terms of making waves, they are polar OPPOSITE of IK Multimedia, ha ha! IK spams their OWN forums.

Jon

Lol.

Hi,
maybe we are not as much reactive as you would like us to be but we are trying to follow our forum as well as this one.
The thing is that we have also other things to do (as thejonsolo said) so sometimes it takes a bit of time to answer.

Kevin

Kevin, you do a great job and always have.

Arturia is an industry leader again as they once were, but now it's in softsynths with dedicated controllers, and controllers without dedicated synths. Spark, SparkLe, and the new one (forgot the name) are all brilliant...these are designed and manufactured by musicians who make live music, hands-on. The concept of a dedicated controller, without tons of menus but rather tons of knobs, with software running as a VST in your DAW that looks and works exactly the same ... is brilliant beyond words.

As a Spark user, I have always loved the thing, and Kevin has always been very responsive to problems. Arturia is constantly updating the software, hugely improving it, as well as adding new libraries - lots of them. Though I have criticized some of their aging softsynths, I have been and remain a fan of the company overall. I hope they continue to be around and innovate.

I was an early user of the MinimoogV, when it was too CPU-hogging to do most of the types of hands-on things I wanted to do with it (changing multiple parameters simultaneously wasn't possible with even the most powerful PC). I collected their softsynths over the years and eventually upgraded to the V 3.0 collection. Less than a year later I sold it on e-bay for a huge loss because I wasn't using them anymore.

I think the V-Collection is great for programmers looking for particular sounds, and many of the newer emulations are really good. But over the past few years the sound quality just didn't cut it for live playing (filter and sync sweeps, etc.) compared to U-He, NI, Xils, Spectrasonics, etc. The best example is the ModularV. The filter still can't be swept without artifacts, even on a powerful i7 hexacore! I don't know why - maybe there's no oversampling. I suspect that the tech they used is very CPU-intensive and they couldn't update that 9-oscillator beast without a crippling CPU-hit. Don't really know. But imo, they should have found a way to update the sound quality of these synths. That's their Achilles heel in today's market.

But their older synth's problems don't overshadow their current triumphs at all imo.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Are there any plans from Arturia to update their Synths. It would be nice to reach the Quality from Diva or Monark, I think a lot of people would pay for an update, if also the GUI would become more Userfriendly

I would love to but ... sold my V3 Collection...if they come to the level of Diva e tc...i'd buy it in a bit.

It would be nice if they fixed the iMini Audiobus initialization issue...how long has iOS 8 been out? I won't consider buying anything more of theirs till they start supporting the current products better.
Dave

I was interested in SEM V, but after reading various comments about it and Arturia software in general, I didn't dare buy it :?

the sem v is superb and I highly recommend you buy it..its great for all kinds of genre of music it can crwate bass flapping basslines and classic sounding synths that sound straight out of a john carpenter movie.

as with a lot of arturia plugins they can be a little tempremental at times but just for the sound it can produce you couldn't ask for a better synth plugin.

I noticed arturia likes to keep pushing out new products before they finish ironing the bugs out in their old ones. I imagine this runs the support staff pretty thin..
:borg:

SEM V is actually their best Synth and the only one i have, i love that thing.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just wish they had phone support.
This is where I found my experience with Roland and Alesis to be stellar.

I've always had great support from Arturia, although I've never had a chance to try Roland or Alesis phone tech support because their keyboards have always worked flawlessly for me!!

Return to “Arturia”