FR: Beatstep - 16 steps are not enough

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm testing the Arturia Beatstep together with the Camel Audio Alchemy Pro.
It seems to my like a nice combination, but I'd like to have more steps or a song mode.

More steps = more fun. :D

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Mr. Bit
>< -- >< -- >< -- <> -- >> -- << -- >--<

Can't you chain sequences to one another? So, basically, with 16 sequences, you have 16x16 steps, right? I don't own a Beatstep, sorry if i'm wrong, but that's how i understood it.

chk071 wrote:Can't you chain sequences to one another? So, basically, with 16 sequences, you have 16x16 steps, right? I don't own a Beatstep, sorry if i'm wrong, but that's how i understood it.
Hey.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't find a pattern switch button.
I only have 16 Steps and nothing more. :(

I guess 64 steps should be the minimum.

You can save/recall 16 patterns. To Save a pattern, simply hold the 'Store' button while in SEQ mode and press the Pad you want to save to. Then you can Load that pattern by holding 'Recall' and taping the pad that corresponds to the pattern you want to load. I believe the Beat Step will wait until the current sequence ends to changes patterns.

I don't think a song or chain mode would be much fun with the Beat Step, you need some kind of feedback to tell you what pattern is currently playing. I find it's much more fun to treat the Beat Step like an analog sequencer with no memory. If I want to play with a different sequence. I just clear the one I'm working on and start from scratch. If I need to do something more complex, I have an Octatrack.

justin3am wrote:You can save/recall 16 patterns. To Save a pattern, simply hold the 'Store' button while in SEQ mode and press the Pad you want to save to. Then you can Load that pattern by holding 'Recall' and taping the pad that corresponds to the pattern you want to load. I believe the Beat Step will wait until the current sequence ends to changes patterns.
Hey Justin.

Yes, it works. Thanks for the hint!
I found nothing of this in the documentation.
justin3am wrote: I don't think a song or chain mode would be much fun with the Beat Step, you need some kind of feedback to tell you what pattern is currently playing. I find it's much more fun to treat the Beat Step like an analog sequencer with no memory. If I want to play with a different sequence. I just clear the one I'm working on and start from scratch. If I need to do something more complex, I have an Octatrack.
A manual switch between the 16 steps to the next and so on - is enough for me.
The only thing I'm missing is this visual feedback of the played, stored and empty pattern in the SEQ mode when I hold the RECALL button.

I mean something like:
red flashing := this stored pattern is now playing
red on := this pattern is full with a stored sequence
off := this pattern is empty (store a new sequence here)

Cheers,
Lex

Return to “Arturia”