The end of Arturia plugins ?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tell that to a lawyer when you only need to ask him/her ONE QUESTION. You still pay the full hour.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Im another unhappy that the GUI improvement is a paid update. Im not interested in a new preset browser and other than the new moog filter I cant see (hear) where the sound engine improvements are.

Every company has to earn a living, and I think the upgrade prices are pretty fair, but the GUI resizing ahouldve been a point upgrade. Weve been waiting for this for years.

So unless theres a rethink (unlikely) v4 will be where this software stays for me, along with two other pieces of software and a DAW that were also was shortsighted when it came to supporting their customers, as I/we have supported them.

The GUI update may have required a significant code rewrite to accomplish. That directly affects costs. I was more offended when Yamaha released the Montage as the new flagship over the Motif with its deceptive marketing.

V5 is actually more than just an update. Each plugin is entirely new installs next to the previous versions.

I am still waiting to hear from Arturia about my upgrade...I paid for the V4 upgrade of my existing products before I saw the full V5 upgrade...I'd like to do the full upgrade but it still says that it would cost me $199 even though i just paid $99 for the other upgrade....perhaps I am impatient and I need to allow time for the website to update my account...?
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

When exactly did you buy V4? I contacted Arturia this morning to expedite my serial since I paid via PayPal yesterday morning. They responded within 3 hours

JBlongz wrote:When exactly did you buy V4? I contacted Arturia this morning to expedite my serial since I paid via PayPal yesterday morning. They responded within 3 hours
I paid for it over 24 hours ago and sent them4 messages since. I just got the serial and unlock code about 20 minutes ago but have never heard from them regarding my questions about the full upgrade. I was told to post here but have not gotten a response from there here either.
I also paid with PayPal......

Give em time, their servers are absolutely slammed right now and they're a small shop.

JBlongz wrote:The GUI update may have required a significant code rewrite to accomplish. That directly affects costs. I was more offended when Yamaha released the Montage as the new flagship over the Motif with its deceptive marketing.

V5 is actually more than just an update. Each plugin is entirely new installs next to the previous versions.

how they are installed doesnt matter, the last update had to be reinstalled too

Spark 2 was a complete rewrite, it was worth $99 yet was free

GUI improvements are point updates with nearly any software I know...

Ts just my opinion, I get its a competative matket, but its the end of my relationship with the V collection... God knows ive got enough pianos and vintage organs, whats next Arturia V Komplete Ultimate?

TonyFlyingSquirrel wrote:Give em time, their servers are absolutely slammed right now and they're a small shop.
Yup....... :wink:

Well, for the money I make using these plugins, $300 wouldn't be bad either. Like I said before, I understand if people are using these for fun...continue with your current versions if this seems expensive. But if you're in the business of music, this is part of paying your dues and keeping the company alive for the mutual benefit.

JBlongz wrote:Well, for the money I make using these plugins, $300 wouldn't be bad either. Like I said before, I understand if people are using these for fun...continue with your current versions if this seems expensive. But if you're in the business of music, this is part of paying your dues and keeping the company alive for the mutual benefit.

True, and I get what you are saying, but a point update wouldve kept me happy and no doubt led to the v5 upgrade as I have upgraded before. I own Spark CDM, V4, laboratory and player, so I think Ive paid/played my part in supporting them. I beta tested Spark (as many did) think my names still in the welcome screen.But anyway it doesnt take much to piss off a fickle public and next time on GS or wherever I wont be so quick to defend Arturia when someone dismisses them.

They are starting to produce a better quality product but a paid for facelift wont disguise other shortcomings in older plugs.

Anyway, off my soapbox, Ive said my piece here and elsewhere, as I said the v5 upgrade still looks like great value :tu:

I am not loose with my money, but $99 for what you all call a "facelift" is fine with me. That facelift, in just the last few hours after I installed them all, has already been a great work-flow improvement. I can see that as time goes on and I use them more, this time saved will add up. In fact, I will probably use them more because the tiny gui's were sometimes a putt-off for me. Win!

kcearl wrote:
JBlongz wrote:
Are you referring the last update -or is the Spark 2 rewritten in this new ver. 5? (vs. ver. 4).

Harry_HH wrote:
kcearl wrote:
JBlongz wrote:
Are you referring the last update -or is the Spark 2 rewritten in this new ver. 5? (vs. ver. 4).
Im talking about the update from version 1 to version 2.

Spark is no longer part of the V collection I think

kcearl wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
kcearl wrote:
JBlongz wrote:
Im talking about the update from version 1 to version 2.

Spark is no longer part of the V collection I think
I was hoping they had upgraded the Spark 2.
I have the IV collection and the Spark 2 has a lot of potential. Arturia should just update it and change a couple of things in it. I use it all the time, but it could easily be 300 % better. (Just demoed the Geist 2 and noticed that I don't like it, Spark 2 has 20 % of the Geist 2 features - still I like it more).

Return to “Arturia”