NOTE TO ALL!! Presets from V4 are not compatible with V5 synths

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was a MAJOR question of mine. Preset compatibility between V4 and V5 synths. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has spent hours and hours and hours building presets in the various synths. To lose all that work would be .... ridiculous, to be nice.
I had been told by someone on youtuber, who said he'd worked on presets for the new Jup-8, that presets from old synths are compatible.
However, I have now found out otherwise, in an official Arturia post.
Presets are NOT compatible. They say they will "... we have decided to develop a preset converter in order to make your favorite patches from the legacy versions compatible with the new plugins.
This app should be available in the forthcoming months."
So, yeah ... That's pretty freakin lame there Arturia.
That, along with the removal of the Sound Map, is pretty much going to make me, at best, hold off on upgrading until I see how everything boils out.
I'll just keep running the V4 synths on my 2nd monitor, set to 1024x768. Perfectly readable there. .. and GUI size is really my only issue with the V4 synths.
Thanks Arturia ..... NOT! >:(
you really dropped the ball here

https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization ... patibility

But, to guarantee our customers satisfaction, we have decided to develop a preset converter in order to make your favorite patches from the legacy versions compatible with the new plugins.. How much times has NI changed presets formats

when ?

v4 and v5 can be installed side by side without problems: Even when the converter is available that doesn't mean your presets will sound the same 100% (we'll see in the next weeks).
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Preset compatibility should have been a FOREMOST concern in developing the updates. Whomever thought we users wouldn't want the hours and hours of work we put in making our own presets, to be compatible and easily transferable to these updated instruments ... well, that person should be fired.
Utterly ridiculous.
If they can make a converter, then this damn well should have been included from the get go. It's like it's an afterthought. Shameful. :\

Any sound changes in old presets should be very minimal, if even present at all. They're the same instrument, with the same controls. Regardless, re-tweaking some presets is MUCH more preferable to completely re-building one's custom presets library.

Also, Arturia, put back the gorram Sound Map. Why the hell was that removed!!??!! >:( ... It was and has been one of the coolest and most unique features of your synths.
Who made that horrible decision? Fire them too, along with the person(s) who dropped the ball on preset compatibility.

Is there any update from Arturia yet with this conversion tool?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Another SCREW YOU from Arturia to their Users. Update my SEM V to 2
and i have a good price for the whole V Collection but i am not going
down that road, these are the most unreliable guys. I bet you none of
the engines are even touched, guis, preset managers and that's it.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

trusampler wrote:Is there any update from Arturia yet with this conversion tool?
We are actively working on it. We are doing our best to have it ready before the end of the month.

how is this coming along? bought sem v2 , got some old v1 presets in obsp filesthat i want to use...some even come from the factory bank and now it is not included in v2...

robindrieghe wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:15 pm how is this coming along? bought sem v2 , got some old v1 presets in obsp filesthat i want to use...some even come from the factory bank and now it is not included in v2...
Yes it was released by Arturia as they promised. I know because I used it to convert my SEMBlance bank to SEM2 and still have those patches but I think the converter tool is no longer available.

Used to be here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/vc5presetup ... -questions

see also

https://ask.audio/articles/arturia-rele ... llection-5
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just did a search of my backups and I have found it - but only the Mac version if that's any good to you?

i am on windows...does someone have the old factory banks from v1 to import?
if only i have the DN furrywhls preset i would be happy already as that one is in an old project.
i took the legacy file from arturias website so i have v1 but i cant register it....

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:38 pm Found working links to the Windows and Mac versions of the tool

http://downloads.arturia.com/products/v ... 0_0_29.exe

http://downloads.arturia.com/products/v ... 0_0_29.pkg
thank you, but :

Here is the list of synthetizers :

Modular V
CS-80V
Mini V
ARP 2600V
Prophet-V
Jupiter-8V
Oberheim®
Wurlitzer
Vox
Solina
Matrix 12

Try it and see - it definitely works for the SEM, afaik it was meant to convert any v4 bank to v5

Return to “Arturia”