Vc5 preset translator

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my system (win 7 64) it crashes. Double click, it opens the first gui, when I click to start it crashes.
Thanks

Luciano

In my system (win 7 64) it crashes. Double click, it opens the first gui, when I click to start it crashes.
Thanks

Luciano
Hi Luciano, and everyone on this board.

I just tried to reproduce your issue on my win 7 pro 64 setup, without any success.
Just to be clear, The preset converter process goes like this :

- You have a disclaimer on opening
- Clicking on "Scan" will scan USER presets from VC4 instruments you own. Note these presets will show up if you have VC5 instruments installed.
- Once the scan is done, every bank/ preset is default ticked, you're free to tick or untick what you like.
- Then, pressing convert will launch the converting process, this step is fast.
- At the end you'll see the number of presets successfully converted, and maybe some modified/renamed ( reasons explained on the opening disclaimer)

In order for me to investigate further on your issue , i'd like to know :

- Do the crash occur before, during, or at the end of the scanning process?
- If scanning process was ok, do the crash occur on start,during or at the end of converting process?
- What VC4 instruments do you own, what are their versions? Have you already their VC5 versions?

Thanks in advance for answering,

Best,

Hi Germain
The crash occurs when I click scan

I have vc4 last versions and yes I have the vc5
One thing

I actually don't have vc4 installed apart Spark and Spark VDM, but my preset are still in documents\arturia folder

Re, thanks for the precisions. i maybe have a clue on this one.

From what you've described , i understand that no VC4 instruments are installed on your computer, except spark and spark VDM. Looks like you still have user presets from your "removed" instruments, but these presets and banks have been "exported", using the export preset/bank from the VC4 plugins. this "exporting" method is different than a classic "save" or "save as". These "saved" presets will be located inside software resources, where the "exported" ones will be located anywhere you want, that's why you were referring to \documents\arturia

Actually, the preset converter won't consider "exported" presets/banks, but only the "saved" ones. So i suggest the following process to test, as you still have your VC4 installers :

- choose a VC4 instrument from which you did export some user presets, and reinstall it on your computer.
- Activate it via Arturia software center
- open your instrument, and import your user presets via "import preset/bank" function
- Close your instrument.

From there, start the preset converter, everything should be ok.

For your information, i tried to reproduce a crash on win7 by renaming my VC4 instruments folder. I had no crash except it didn't find any preset, as expected.

To conclude, i'd like to know if you could post here the file "conversion.log". you 'll find this file in c:\programdata\arturia\VC5 preset updater. It will help us to more understand why the crash occured.

(note this "programdata" folder is hidden by default, you have to make it visible via windows settings)

Hope it will help,

Best,

Hi Germain,
Ok I'll try in these next days.
And send you the file.
For now many thanks.
I'll post the results as soon as possible.

Luciano

Return to “Arturia”