Problem with Analog Lab 2

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have an Analog Experience The Factory 32 keyboard.

After I installed Analog Lab 2, the assignments of the controller doesn't work anymore with the plug-in version. Meaning, not one of the knobs or faders is linked to any parameter.
What's even worse, they now also don't work in theAnalog Lab 1 plug-in, which was working fine before I installed AL2.

However, the assignments work fine in the standalone versions of both Analog Labs.

I'm using Win7 64 bit, and the latest versions of Studio One 3 and both Analog Lab software.

Is there anybody out there? :?:

Same is true for the Prophet V.
Nothing is assigned to the controller in the plug-in version.

Works fine with the standalone.

Both are working fine for me.

Anyone from Arturia present in the Arturia forum?

Novalis wrote:Anyone from Arturia present in the Arturia forum?
Not likely coming out of Thanksgiving weekend and today being "Cyber Monday".

All of their staff of 26 in their U.S. office is likely going to be attending to transactions today, and most of this week.

They're a small company, and forum presence isn't at the top of their priority list. Not poking insults at them, but having worked for a small business in the music manufacturing (Warmoth) I can tell from experience.

Best thing to do is submit a ticket and wait. This is THE busiest time of the year.

Hi Novalis,
sorry for the delay of this reply.

I checked on my win 10 pro 64 setup using same keyboard and studio one 3 pro 64 (3.3.1.39379)

First, i encountered the same issue : i had sound , been able to play notes, but that's all. Nothing more was transmitted.
Then i looked in the midi controller configuration panel (options/external devices , select your controller and click on "edit button") and saw that every filter was ticked , which forbid to send aftertouch ,cc's, and so on from my controller. I unticked all and it solved the problem.
i attached a screenshot of my configuration ( with some green notes to figure out, as i'm on a french version !)

Please tell me if it solves your issue,
if not i'll investigate deeper , using a win 7 setup.

Hope it helps,
best,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Germain,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, that didn't help. The checkboxes weren't ticked for me anyway.

The only difference I can see between your screenshot and my situation is a little checkbox under "external devices", which you don't have. I'm not sure what that means or does, to be honest, or if it plays a role at all here.

I use Analog Lab 49, Win7/64, and Studio One, so I figured I'd investigate and see if I could help.

Updated Analog lab to V2, and boom, I cannot even send MIDI anymore to S1. S1 sees the keyboard, but nothing plays at all with any instrument. Was working minutes before the install. Restarted, reconnected, rebooted.

lmao.

sort of...

Launched MIDI Control Center and couldn't get the Lab49 to sync, said it was being used by another device. Could not locate the other device.

Out of ideas I changed USB cable (same one for the last 4 years), rebooted again, everything is working.

:shrug:

The "In" column that has the check mark just indicates the device that is your default instrument input.

I don't recall the individual arturia instruments having linked parameters in S1, I set up many of mine manually, but Analog Lab 2 did have proper links to the parameters.

Sorry I have no better information for you.

Thank you for trying to help ontol, but what a bummer that it get screwed up now for you, too :(

Yeah, I figured that the checkbox is just because it's the default instrument input. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

as i said before, i'll check on a win 7 setup if my previous solution didn't work.
setup :win 7 pro 64 /Studio one 3 pro (3.3.2.40899) / analog lab 2 2.0.4.1155

i encountered the same issue, but when i went in mixer panel/external devices, under the dropdown of your keyboard, i clicked on "reset" ( not sure of the term used in english version of studio one), then everything went back in order. Screenshot attached.
tested with an analog factory 32 and analog laboratory 49.
another info ( don't know if it is relevant) : default instrument input is unticked on my setup.

hope it helps,
best,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Germain,

I tried it, but it didn't help :(

I also unchecked the "default instrument input", but it didn't make any difference.

Only the keys and the pitch + modwheel work.

Not much happening here... better to open a ticket?

Return to “Arturia”