Too Much Silence Regarding the Future of the Spark Software

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seriously, Arturia, your silence on this question has gone on long enough. :(
I'm just going to go ahead and copy-paste my post from the Arturia forums here, since Arturia staff don't seem to pay much attention to posts over there.
Original post here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90230.0
.. and another started way back in 2015, STILL with no answers: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=84144.0

This question has been asked many a time, but STILL with no response from Arturia.
What is going on with the Spark software?
I own the CDM controller, and Spark 2 is my go-to drum software. When the myriad bugs aren't poking their heads up, it is wonderful software to use -- particularly in conjunction with the hardware. Fast and intuitive and very very flexible. Great potential power.
However, as you know, it has numerous pretty nasty bugs. I don't think I need to go into them here.
So what is going on? It was rather disconcerting to see Spark NOT in the recent V Collection update. Particularly with absolutely ZERO comment regarding why.
And then you come out with the hardware Drum Brute .. which is all fine and good and cool and whatnot. Sure. But it's not as flexible as Spark.
... and it puts a fear into me about the future of the Spark hybrid system.
Is this going the way of your Origin synthesizer? ... I mean, you're still selling the SparkLE hardware, which obviously comes with the software (which is STILL buggy)
Plus you've got this iSpark app which seems to get more love than Spark 2 itself. What gives?
Also, when (if? :( ) you do update Spark, for the love of monkeys PLEASE don't simply jump into Spark 3 and expect all of us Spark users -- particularly us hardware owners -- to cough up a bunch of cash. We deserve bug fixes to the existing software, without additional cost. Yes, I realize software development costs money. However, YOU are the ones who released this software this buggy.
New features? Fine. Put them in Spark 3.
But fix the bugs in Spark 2 for pete's sake. It's been too long since Spark 2 had any real updates. That last one was just ........ unimpressive, to put it mildly.

You KNOW the answer to this question. Why won't you tell us? :?: :pray: :?
If you have to let us down, then please just do it already. Get it over with.

Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence.

The latest version of Spark 2 isn't all that buggy IME. It's only been like a year since the last major update which fixed all sorts of stuff. I'd imagine they are working on Spark 3 or SparkLE MKII or something, they're always coming up with new things like the new Keylab they just announced.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

SoundGoddess wrote:The latest version of Spark 2 isn't all that buggy IME. It's only been like a year since the last major update which fixed all sorts of stuff. I'd imagine they are working on Spark 3 or SparkLE MKII or something, they're always coming up with new things like the new Keylab they just announced.
It's been over a year since the last update, and that one was quite minor. The one before that was quite minor as well. The last MAJOR update (according to Arturia Software Center) was 2.1.1 which was a couple few years ago.

There's a slew of bugs in Spark 2. Go over to the official Arturia forums and you can read all about them over there.
This software needs and deserves some serious bug fixing. Not adding new feature, sure. Okay. That's fine.
But improving what's already there? Absolutely!! Especially since they're still selling the buggy software both standalone and with the SparkLE controller.

The worst part is that Arturia seems to simply refuse to comment on the state of Spark 2 and its future.

The last time I demoed Spark I was so appalled at the CPU consumption and its bugginess I just deinstalled it within minutes. Never to be demoed again. Just IME.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm not sure why you'll are having issues, Spark 2 works just fine on my end.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “Arturia”