Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KirkHunter wrote:
bwhli wrote:I'm having an articulation issue with the CS2 Symphonic marcato patch. I'm using the EXS24 version. It seems like the marcato patch loses the quick attack if notes are played in repetition. I'm in the middle of programming Les Mis right now, and just discovered this bug! I don't want to move to a new string patch because I really love the sound of this one. It also happens with fast passages, and there are quite a few of those in the show... Is it a polyphony issue? https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0bzb29nwhz95 ... arcato.mp3 is a link to a sound sample that describes the issue.
Cna you tell me the exact name of the patch you're using? I'll test it and get back to you.
Hi Kirk, I'm using the Symphonic Marcato patch. I've removed the round robin B layer for now. Do you think it's an overload issue? It seems to happen faster when I play chords. Is EXS24 having trouble choosing with round robin layer to assign to each note, and just bugs out?

Please can smeone tell me the exact ranges of CC2 instruments and sections, before I buy it. It's important! Can they be extended upwards, or even downwards for scordatura?

Vardaro wrote:Please can smeone tell me the exact ranges of CC2 instruments and sections, before I buy it. It's important! Can they be extended upwards, or even downwards for scordatura?
With middle C being C4:

violins
G3 - G7

violas
C3 - C6

cellos
C2 - C5

basses
C1 - C4

Yes, ranges can be altered, but not advised since the stretched ranges could conflict with some keyswitches.

Thanks for the info, and the prompt reply..
Is there a tutorial on how to extend, and save, ranges?
Can Kontakt do this, or will I have to create new wave samples with Tone Machine first?

Vardaro wrote:Thanks for the info, and the prompt reply..
Is there a tutorial on how to extend, and save, ranges?
Can Kontakt do this, or will I have to create new wave samples with Tone Machine first?
The way to extend or change ranges is the same as for all "open" instruments in Kontakt. You should become more familiar with how to edit instruments in Kontakt for that. But briefly, it's just a matter of opening the instrument, selecting the zones in the Mapping Editor, and dragging them up or down. But be aware that in CS2, there are LOTS of groups to edit this way.

Hey Kirk,

I just began really working with Concert Strings 2 last week, and I'm enjoying the results very much already.

I've read most of the manual, and today in particular about automating the keyswitches.

I'm using Cubase 7.5, and so tonight I added the appropriate key switch note events just a bar or so ahead of my recorded MIDI events on the track.

So sure enough, C#1=Smooth, D#3=Whole Divisions keyswitches worked as expected, with me testing them by manually clicking them off & having the cursor play past them & watch them trigger the buttons back on in CS2's interface.

However, when it comes to C#3=Divisilive, it actually toggles on & off with each pass of the cursor, which means it will only be active every other time the part plays.

I'm guessing that this should work just as the other ones do.

When I opened the List Editor, there were 2 individual values there for 'DATA 2 & DATA 3'.

Do these notes need to have a velocity/volume value of say, 0-64, or 65-127 such as the sustain pedal reads <64=off & >64=on?

And does the second value even matter?

Or could this be a glitch with Cubase offering 2 DATA values for a note on/off instead of just one?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello Jim.

I know it's a bit dodgy about the toggle of some features. But unless I do separate on and off buttons, that's the only way. But I'll look to see if there is a better "fix" for this.

I'm not sure I'm following you on "DATA 2" and "DATA 3". I don't use Cubase. It's likely it does not matter.

Thank you for your prompt reply Kirk.

I'll see if I can take a screen shot of the DATA 2 & DATA 3 thing, although I doubt you'll get much from that.

It might just satisfy your curiosity though.

Thanks for putting some thought into a fix for this.

Jim

I've just downloaded CS2, but I notice that the big orange 'download' button, and the 3rd item ( 3: CONCERT STRINGS 2 - TVEC3 UPGRADE) both give me a file with the same name and size.

Is this a duplicate such that I can ignore one or will I miss something if only one is extracted ?

Thanks.

koalaboy wrote:I've just downloaded CS2, but I notice that the big orange 'download' button, and the 3rd item ( 3: CONCERT STRINGS 2 - TVEC3 UPGRADE) both give me a file with the same name and size.

Is this a duplicate such that I can ignore one or will I miss something if only one is extracted ?

Thanks.
Let me check on that, and I'll reply here in an hour or so.

KirkHunter wrote:Let me check on that, and I'll reply here in an hour or so.
Hi Kirk.

I've just confirmed (binary compare) that they are identical - at least those offered in the download are, so whether there should be a different file.

I've also found that with everything extracted, on trying to load anything from 00_cs2_ESA_Whole_Instruments I get a2 samples missing because it's looking for the impulses under 00_TVEC3.1_CS2_ESA_Whole_Instruments whereas they're under 00_TVEC3.1_Instruments.

Everything else that I've tried so far seems to work, and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the libraries.

Thanks.

koalaboy wrote:I've just downloaded CS2, but I notice that the big orange 'download' button, and the 3rd item ( 3: CONCERT STRINGS 2 - TVEC3 UPGRADE) both give me a file with the same name and size.

Thanks.
You are correct. If you refresh your download page, you'll see that there is no longer the duplicate.

Hi,

I just received an email from you regarding a sale and that reminded me of the CONCERT STRINGS 2 Whole Divisions I bought about two years ago. The problem is that I have never been able to use it since there is something wrong. Last year I tried upgrading to TVEC5.0 but that didn't help. No matter what i do I only get "Samples not found" so I finally gave up trying…
Is it possible to reinstall since something must have gone wrong?
I have bought lots and lots and lots of Kontakt libraries over the years and this is the only one ever that is giving me a hard time! Everything else works flawlessly.
I have the latest version of everything including Kontakt, Logic Pro X and Mac OS X 10.9.3

hummersallad wrote:Hi,

I just received an email from you regarding a sale and that reminded me of the CONCERT STRINGS 2 Whole Divisions I bought about two years ago. The problem is that I have never been able to use it since there is something wrong. Last year I tried upgrading to TVEC5.0 but that didn't help. No matter what i do I only get "Samples not found" so I finally gave up trying…
Is it possible to reinstall since something must have gone wrong?
I have bought lots and lots and lots of Kontakt libraries over the years and this is the only one ever that is giving me a hard time! Everything else works flawlessly.
I have the latest version of everything including Kontakt, Logic Pro X and Mac OS X 10.9.3
I can run a test of your download. But I will need your invoice information to access you in the database.

I can run a test of your download. But I will need your invoice information to access you in the database.
Great!

I sent you a PM.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”