Kirk Hunter Concert Brass 2

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

email me at kirkhunterstudios@gmail.com and I'll send you a new "beta" file for that.

Thanks, Kirk!

Kirk,
the muted horn sound good; will it eventually integrate into the same TVEC4 instance as the others?

Yes. I will be programming that soon.

The crackling/ distortion problem still exist. The noise is in the mix also. I have tried different memory setting in Kontakt 5 but no luck. Multiple core is also turned on. I can send you an audio file on the distortion if you want to hear it.

Now I need to export several times and piece up the undistorted part, not very cool. There are other brass and woodwinds library such as Spitfire, 8Dio CAGE, the old KH Emerald, in the computer and they all work fine. How can I solve this problem?

fatcatmusic wrote:The crackling/ distortion problem still exist. The noise is in the mix also. I have tried different memory setting in Kontakt 5 but no luck. Multiple core is also turned on. I can send you an audio file on the distortion if you want to hear it.

Now I need to export several times and piece up the undistorted part, not very cool. There are other brass and woodwinds library such as Spitfire, 8Dio CAGE, the old KH Emerald, in the computer and they all work fine. How can I solve this problem?
Yes, please do send me an example of the distortion. Also, tell me the EXACT instrument that you were using when this happened. And if possible, the midi file of that track so I can try to duplicate the issue.

fatcatmusic wrote:The crackling/ distortion problem still exist. The noise is in the mix also. I have tried different memory setting in Kontakt 5 but no luck. Multiple core is also turned on. I can send you an audio file on the distortion if you want to hear it.

I eliminated a similar problem by upgrading the drivers for my Presonus Audiobox sound card. They released a version for Windows 8.1 with better USB 3 support. That seems to have taken care of my crackling and popping.
Dave
What turns me on about the digital age ... it used to be that if you wanted to make a record of a song, you needed a studio and a producer. Now, you need a laptop.
Bono
My SoundCloud

Hi Kirk,
This is in regards to the two issues with the French Horns that I mentioned earlier.

Is there anything that can be done about the slow loading time for the French Horns? That "analyzing samples" process is especially long. French Horns take over 2 minutes to load. The other instruments don't seem to do that.

In regards to the other issue (the performance issues while recording French Horns), I discovered it only happens to the 4.1 french Horns, so I'll just use 4.0 from now on.

Thanks,
Michael Bain

Hello Michael.

The FH patch uses a special (and quite nice) AET filter in Kontakt. There is no way to speed this up. However, I believe there is another patch that is very closely related that does not use the AET filter. I will look that info up and get back to you.

Cool, thanks!

KirkHunter wrote:The noises should not happen during export. It's likely it's a system memory issue. Not that there is not enough, but just the way your system is handling it. Also check Kontakt's settings to make sure you have multiple cores option turned on.
After almost of year I still cannot solve this issue. The crackle noise is there after export. I have multi-core turned on and I have 32G of RAM, using it in Vienna Ensemble Kontakt 5, I have no idea what is happening. I can upload sound clip of exported files with the noise.

How can I resolve this issue?

Have you tried bouncing the offending track(s) to audio before mixdown?
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

No, the thing is, they come and go. Sometimes I can do a bounce down with the noise but at other times the noise is everywhere!

I usually end up with some tracks like that in almost every project and not only Kirk's or Kontakt libs: EWQL stuff, Omnisphere, and even Miroslav at times. Personally, I don't think it's a RAM or CPU issue (see system specs in sig), but may be a HD or streaming issue. The fact you can get good plays sometimes kind of points to that IMO. Moving everything to SSD has solved it somewhat for me, but not completely. That is one of the reasons I bounce all my MIDI tracks before the final mixdown...I can locate artifacts easier and make sure I have a good clean 'take' on each the track, plus IMO it yields a better product overall.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Strange, 'cause on another computer almost the same config. I run even more lib on it and it runs smoothly. And on this particular one, besides Concert Brass 2, I also have Spitfire Library, CAGE, 8 Dio running and only the CB has noise issue. So I have to conclude that it must be the way CB handles streaming or memory management issue.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”