Kirk Hunter Pop Rock Strings Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I'm new to Kontakt Player and just barely have gotten started into Reaper DAW, so I need some help installing Pop Rock Strings.

Do the bonus files on the DLGuard page ( ESA, TVEC 3.1 upgrade and TVEC 4) get extracted into an instrument file in C:\ProgramFiles or do they go into a documents file? I think all I have right now is an instruments file in C:\ProgramFiles>Steinberg and it's empty. (There is of course in \ProgramFiles the NativeInstruments file and subfolders as well as some VST files in a Steinberg subfolder for Reaper.)

Once I get those first files (ESA,etc.) in the right place, can I then get Kontakt to point to the folder 'Kirk Hunter Pop Strings' and its subfolder 'Samples' if these are on another partition on the drive? If not, where should they be placed?

I put the DLGuard files in the wrong place initially and did the registry keys removal from the information that was posted so I'm ready to start again.

Thanks in advance. I know I'm a neanderthal!

Steve

Hi Steve.

The bonus instrument files go in the Pop Rock Strings/instruments file as sub folders.

Many thanks! Fast response too!

Steve

Hi,

Today, I purchased a Pop Rock Strings Library.

I add a Pop Rock Strings Library to Kontakt5,
And activation in the NI ServiceCenter.
But, Library of a Pop Rock Strings Library will not be displayed when I restart the Kontakt5.

I added it many times, but it does not appear when I restart the Kontakt5.

I tried the method in the FAQ of the NI, but the result is the same.

FAQ:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... brary-tab/

Is there a way to be displayed properly in the library of Kontakt5?

thanks,

KazSen

Kazzzz wrote:Hi,

Today, I purchased a Pop Rock Strings Library.

I add a Pop Rock Strings Library to Kontakt5,
And activation in the NI ServiceCenter.
But, Library of a Pop Rock Strings Library will not be displayed when I restart the Kontakt5.

I added it many times, but it does not appear when I restart the Kontakt5.

I tried the method in the FAQ of the NI, but the result is the same.

FAQ:

Is there a way to be displayed properly in the library of Kontakt5?

thanks,

KazSen
Make sure you have selected "Libraries" in the view pane.

Today, I made ​​sure to support the NI.
It was the answer of the following.

" There is a possibility that does not correspond to the Add Library function of KONTAKT for Pop Rock Strings did not get the logo of "Powered by KONTAKT".
Please confirm whether this product supports Add Library function. "

The library is not displayed by a browser when I reboot Kontakt5.

KazSen

Kazzzz wrote:Today, I made ​​sure to support the NI.
It was the answer of the following.

" There is a possibility that does not correspond to the Add Library function of KONTAKT for Pop Rock Strings did not get the logo of "Powered by KONTAKT".
Please confirm whether this product supports Add Library function. "

The library is not displayed by a browser when I reboot Kontakt5.

KazSen
Can you provide a screenshot of the library pane as displayed? What occurs when you attempt to Add Library?

I can Add Library.
However, Pop Rock Strings will disappear from the browser after restarting the Kontakt5.

I have tried the following methods. However, as a result was the same.

I will attach a screen shot.

KazSen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very interesting. I have not had any others report this issue, but it is indeed a Native Instruments technical problem. I will ask around to see if anyone has had this issue and has been able to solve. Otherwise, as stated earlier, we cannot assist issues that are Native Instruments technical. But again, I'll try.

Thank you for reply.
Please be teaching solution that you find.

I can not use the PRS in this state.
I am waiting for the report from support.

Thanks,

KazSen

I write my DTM environment.

MacPro Mid2010
2 x 2.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS X 10.9.2
5 Kontakt Ver.5.3.1
ProTools HD 11

I look forward to that a solution is found.

Thanks,

KazSen

Hi KazSen
I've the same issue on my MacMini with Mac OS X 10.9.3. But PRS is running well for me on my Windows 8.1 Installation.
As IT guy in my main occupation this type of issues challenges me to solve. Using system tracing tools such as strace, opensnoop on Mac or the procmon vom Sysinternals on Windows gives normally enough information about which registry / .plist and other configuration files a process is consuming (defaults, user configs, caches ..). Validating the values and analyzing consistency between the different sources helps in most cases.

But in this case I had to give up for the time being - furthermore the researches on Internet before and again after my unsuccessful own attempts brought me to the following conclusion for now (further systematic investigations would bring more statistical verifications of course) :

1) This issue has been reported since many years ( search Google for: Kontakt library disappears )
2) It is not OS dependent - it's reported half on Mac half on Windows
3) It's not specific to a dedicated library - it happens for various librarys
4) There are various "Eurekas" with solutions which helped some users for others it didn't (such as remove the product.xml, cleanup the preferences, .plist files on Mac, etc. etc. ).
5) Fixes have been applied by Native instruments for Kontakt (5.2... 5.3.. see results from search above) which have been reported to be successful by some users by others not.

I personally applied many recommendations for solutions up to a complete cleanup and reinstallation of Kontakt as proposed here http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/99 ... h-kontakt/
... but so far no success. Might be, I'll find another Eureka later this night..

It seems definitively not to be Operating System and not Library dependent - it bothered me really not to have been able to solve this so far - not for my own PRS usage, there I'm fine currently with the Windows version.

So, to have some good news.. it seems not to be a strategic approach for the Kirk Hunter libraries to use the Kontakt Library licensing procedure with these obviously hard to solve randomly occurring issue. As I've learned recently the PRS is just a subset of the Concert Strings 2, it might be worth to pick up this library at the current still reduced price and drill it down by purging to a PRS equivalent :?
... still it bothers me ... I'm going to research again... keep you informed.
Cheers, Thomas

No Eureka and solution so far, but in case others would have the same behaviour on Mac 10.9.2/3 as KazSen and me it would be interesting if they also have the same further symptoms:

Comparing /Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Pop Rock Strings.plist with other /Library/Preferences/*.plist files it seems the ContentDir wasn't written for some unkown reason while adding the library to Kontakt. Using the command

Code: Select all

plutil -convert xml1 -o - "com.native-instruments.Pop Rock Strings.plist"

the output looks like this (my serial key and service center keys replaced...):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>HU</key>
	<string>AC460979B54CD3C9F24709F15E979EE6</string>
	<key>JDX</key>
	<string>011A0DECD675AE33C78EE5506DE8348D78C5E5DCA0499F1BDFDD3896DDD2CACE</string>
	<key>KEY</key>
	<string>here is my key generated by service center</string>
	<key>SNO</key>
	<string>here is my serial code</string>
	<key>SYSTEMID</key>
	<string>here is my system id generated by service center</string>
	<key>Visibility</key>
	<integer>3</integer>
</dict>
</plist>
now, following other recommendations for solving Kontakt library disappearings I've added the ContentDir manually and converted back the plist file to binary ( with option -convert binary1)

<key>ContentDir</key>
<string>Data:NILibs:PopRockStrings:</string>
Researching on this I found that manually adding the ContentDir which wasn't written down by the NI Service Center for some reason solved the issue for others already... .. but it didn't solve it yet for me.
It seems there are apart of the obviously missing ContentDir path a set of parameters local configuration and license and generated system keys which have to fit and correspond to the reference in the central com.native-instruments.Content.plist library inventory file. I've also tried to arrange the licensing with the newer approach by creating an .nicnt file, ... and amazingly the library keeped to be shown up after restart of Kontakt, but I was not able to activate (wrong license key).

However, I'll keep further researches on this for the moment on hold - but listening here if others have similiar experiences like me and KazSen.

In the meantime I'm continuing to drill down for me a Pop Rock Strings equivalent from the Concert Strings 2 library. I need only the B Groups (half division) for the moment. Side by side running 2 Kontakt instances one with CS2, the other one with Pop Rock Strings. Aligning the zones in the mapping editor should do the work and I'll have soon my reduced sized Pop Rock Strings half division without getting bothered by an instable Kontakt Library licensing feature. :wink:
Thomas

I purchased the TVEC3 version in the past.
How can I get an upgrade to TVEC4 and ESA?
Is it free?

makk wrote:I purchased the TVEC3 version in the past.
How can I get an upgrade to TVEC4 and ESA?
Is it free?
TVEC 4 is now included on your download page automatically. Please send me your name and email address you used when purchasing the library, and I will activate your download page so that you can get TVEC 4.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”