Kirk Hunter Pop Rock Strings Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased PRS yesterday and tried the pattern maker by following the tutorial video. But I seem to be missing the presets shown in the video. In my version I only see presets on the "1" slots, all other slots are empty. Maybe an installation issue?

Each table should have a preset dropdown menu. Each dropdown menu defaults at preset 1. If yours is different, can you show?

Thanks for your quick reply!
The attached screenshot shows the empty presets, no matter if I select them by the dropdown or by pressing any number other than 1. Kontakt version is 5.5.1, if that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

By default, and new load, all presets except 1 are empty. You can create your own there. You can't really save new tables in the actual preset here, but you CAN send it to "Current Presets" by clicking the "GLOBAL" dropdown, and then sending the tables to "Current Presets". The save the entire instrument. The "Current Presets" are retained. However, if you go to the little presets 1-10, only preset 1 has settings. The rest are empty. But don't worry. Your previously saved setting is still active and can be seen by clicking "Current Presets" at the bottom of the interface.

Thanks for the explanation, Kirk! I assumed it was a bug, but it was just a misunderstanding on my side :)

... is there any way to automate the loading of the preset sections into the 'current presets' set, so that I can select / change what I want from the host?

Edit: found it: MIDI CC mapping to the preset buttons
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:... is there any way to automate the loading of the preset sections into the 'current presets' set, so that I can select / change what I want from the host?

Edit: found it: MIDI CC mapping to the preset buttons
If you're talking about the PatternMaker feature, no, not at this time. I know it's a pain. It was programmed quite some time ago before certain features were available.

Trying to install Pop Rock Strings. (Kontakt 5 full version) Following the install manual I click on Add Library and navigate to the Pop Rock String folder but Kontakt always give me that same error.

SOLVED!

I'm confused about where to find serial numbers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Last edited by vintagevibe on Fri May 27, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vintagevibe wrote:Trying to install Pop Rock Strings. (Kontakt 5 full version) Following the install manual I click on Add Library and navigate to the Pop Rock String folder but Kontakt always give me that same error.
Exactly shat "error"?

KirkHunter wrote:
vintagevibe wrote:Trying to install Pop Rock Strings. (Kontakt 5 full version) Following the install manual I click on Add Library and navigate to the Pop Rock String folder but Kontakt always give me that same error.
Exactly shat "error"?
Sorry. It was in the post title but I see that doesn't show.

The error is: "No Library Found".

vintagevibe wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:
Exactly shat "error"?
Sorry. It was in the post title but I see that doesn't show.

The error is: "No Library Found".
This is definitely a Native Instruments installation issue. I don't mean to "pass the buck" at all. But it's just that we cannot support Native Instrument issues as long as installation of the library in the first place is ok. I assume, since you say you followed all of the instructions, that you've done that ok. On the off-chance that there could be an issue with that, perhaps you could show a screenshot of your Pop Rock Strings folder contents.

Here you are...
Samples Folder.JPG
Samples Folder.JPG
Pop Rock Strings Folder.JPG
Instruments Folder.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I found it. These file were in the wrong place:

Pop Rock Strings_info.nkc
Pop Rock Strings_info.nkx

vintagevibe wrote:I found it. These file were in the wrong place:

Pop Rock Strings_info.nkc
Pop Rock Strings_info.nkx
I was just checking your directory now. Did you get it working now?

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”