Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hummersallad wrote:
I can run a test of your download. But I will need your invoice information to access you in the database.
Great!

I sent you a PM.
Got it. Running test right now for you.

...concerning missing files with Concert Strings 2:
I was running into a missing file error as well. The root cause was quite simple. I just didn't read the details in the installation instructions

Code: Select all

"...  download the first download from the first link button located just below the orchestra graphic..."
this means the big orange download button.
These days such big download buttons are coming usually from adware which wants us to direct elsewhere. Therefore intuitively I avoided to push such a big button - instead only downloaded the listed downloads from the 'Bonus or Additional Downloads' below with the result that the 00_TVEC3.1_Instruments folder was missing. Now everyhing works fine.

Thomas
concert_strings_2_download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It seems the Half Trill and Whole Trill for all the sections are the same, they are all whole trill, am I doing something wrong here?

The trills respond to the key signature you are using. You possibly have selected whole step trills and have the key signature off.

Screenshot 2015-02-02 11_30_27.png
Hi,
I bought Concert Strings 2 and upgraded to the full Kontakt player to use it. Kontakt 5 cannot find the library. I downloaded all the zip files in the order that they were on the page. I unzipped them in the same order into a Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 folder (for some reason there seems to be a MACOSX file in there, even though I'm o windows 7 64 bit) I don't know what to do. There is a screen shot of my folder attached at the top. Thanks, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As it says in the instructions, you don't need to go through the process of adding the library. Just open any instrument (.nki) file and you're good to go.

Thanks...I'm an idiot. It' s working fine now. I just have to explore this, learn how to use it, so I can take advantage of all the features. I'm using it in my studio for my own projects with my band. It's Rock (Progressive, Classic, etc., as well as some nice60s and 70s style ballads). In the past, I would overdub the strings one section at a time (Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins and sometimes a full section) and placing them in a space, usually using Altiverb (usually a scoring stage or, if the tune called for it, a small studio). I'm hoping that this will sound much better than what I've been using (Miroslav, EWQL - with which I had tons of problems with the player, or Session Strings - regular and Pro). I noticed that it said on your site that these samples were recorded dry, so that one could add the ambience or room desired, but I noticed that these were wet. Maybe, because I haven't figured it out yet, there is a way to turn it off. I need to see if YouTube has any how to videos. Thanks!

the "wetness" you hear is likely due to the release envelope. Sometimes, in larger sections, it can sound like a room, but in truth, is just a release decay of the sample itself.

Cool, thanks

One more thing. I have been testing this without having a DAW open. I would open the folder, pick an instrument, and it would open the standalone version of kontakt. How do I open it in Cubase 7.5, so that it opens the correct version (64 bit) and a midi track?. If I open kontakt as a virtual instrument with a midi track, and then go to the folder and pick an instrument, will it open that instrument in the version that I have open?
Thanks

"If I open kontakt as a virtual instrument with a midi track, and then go to the folder and pick an instrument, will it open that instrument in the version that I have open?"

Yes, but open the Plugin version of Kontakt that's on the MIDI track, and from THERE use Kontakt's loader to navigate to the instrument that you want to open.

Cool! Thanks so much.

OK...I'm ready to buy Concert Brass 2. I own Concert Strings 2. I understand that there is a discount, depending on how much you've spent. How do I get the discount?

send the email address with which you made your purchase to kirkhunterstudios@gmail.com, and the discount link will be provided to you.

Thanks!!! I just sent it.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”