Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony Orchestra Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One quick question....
The index numbers on the download screen go from 1 to 98... But the folder names have a break... You know how the folder name starts with a two digit character followed by an underscore such as 78_xxxxxxx.zip. There is a break and there are now folders with 40_, 41_, 42_, 43_, and 44_.... Is that something I should be concerned with?

Thanks
Pierre

UPDATE: I think I've discovered more on this so before reading below is it possible that
CC7 and CC11 are somehow conflicting with each other or are scripted to interact
in a way that isn't common or typical?

UPDATE 2:

Testing with: 01_Symph_2ndVns_k.nki VS an old Virtuoso Violin I converted from a .gig and then added CC11 functionality.

Yes. That's it.
In 01_Symph_2ndVns_k.nki
CC7 and CC 11 aren't working independently as they should, or better to say, like *normal* midi instruments, where CC7 is the global (master volume knob) and CC11 is the short term submaster volume knob that works inside of CC7 and 'never' has any effect on the more global CC7 level of the instrument.

Possibly CC7 functionality was added to the instrument and is conflicting with the natural ( given ) functionality of midi in the DAW software? I don't know. Just tossing out guesses.

So now the question is:
Is this standard procedure for Diamond and should I expect this behavior on all Diamond Instruments or is it a mistake, or is it intentional and there is a reason that I don't yet understand?

Older info below:

01_SymphBsTrbs.nki doesn't respond to "controller searchback" in Sonar X3.
Replacing the instrument with the original Emerald Bass Trombone patch that I converted from a giga file fixes the problem so I think it must be something in the programming of the Diamond version of the instrument?

Same issue with "a Trombones8,4,2,1 Players.nki" and same fix ... i.e. going back to a converted .gig that I'm very familiar with.

Can someone suggest a way to fix these problems?

Thanks!

------
An other note and question about 01_SymphBsTrbs.nki

There seems to be round robin in this, and it's very distracting for at least some velocities, making the instrument unusable.
Is there a way to disable it with a controller or do I have to disable it in the group start options by finding the RR group and setting it to "Always" and then turning the volume off in the Amp. section for that group? Reason I want it off is it's muddy sounding compared to the rest of the instrument.

Thanks!

I've encountered some bad loop points that manifest as a gap and clicking before the instrument retriggers the loop.

The problem is on the higher velocities of these instruments:
(See the ones highlighted in the attached image.
I renamed 2 of them, adding "BAD_LOOP_POINTS" to the end of the name so I'd not forget where they are.)

Possibly I'm the only one that has these broken instruments?
If not ...
Has anyone fixed them or maybe can guide me through fixing them, other than deleting the higher velocities and stretching the lower ones up?

Thank you!

Steve Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Steve. I'll look into this.

Thanks Kirk. Hopefully it's just a fluke in my install.

Found the problem. Kontakt's later versions mess up the samples. I will fix them on this end. However, you can do it yourself as well. Here's how:

1. Open the instrument with the "wrench" icon.
2. Make sure that Group Editor, Mapping Editor, and Wave Editor are all open.
3. In the Group Editor, select the groups that have "SLOW" in their names.
4. In the Mapping Editor, select all zones.
5. In the Wave Editor, click the small icon at the top that looks like a "settings" icon...a little "gear".
6. From there, go down to "to all selected zones", and from there choose "restore loops from samples".
That should work. It does here. However, you may have to select only one GROUP at a time, and only one VELOCITY layer (the top one). Kontakt sometimes does not actually restore ALL of the zones' loops.
Let me know if that works. If not, I'll send you a link for fixed instruments. However, you'll need Kontakt 5.3 or newer to run them.

Will get to it later today and report back. TY!

No luck here. Tried 2 of them but the long gaps are still there.
I have the most current Kontakt which is 5.5.1.451

Thank you!

Did you try to select just ONE group, and then only the high velocity layer? Make sure in the Wave Editor, you choose the "to all selected zones", and THEN "restore loops from.." It works here.

Will do.

Thanks. Just re-checked here, and all works. But sometimes, Kontakt (being finicky) only lets you select a group at a time and a vel. layer at a time. Weird.

OK. I'm getting closer. This method seems to be getting most of them,
but some of these instruments have regions that are layered, and it seems to be be missing some of the ones that are underneath the top regions.

Can you tell me how to hide the regions that are on top so I can just select the the bottom regions?

Thanks -

There is a button in the Group Editor that says something like "selected groups only". That makes it a WHOLE lot easier to see exactly which group/layer you're dealing with.

Tried that. I'm still having to go through the zones one at a time because it's missing some of them,
but the good news is that I've learned how to fix them.

Thank you!

P.S. Are some of these zones not visually reflecting their velocity assignments in the mapping editor?
Last edited by nousndthem on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You should be able to do it a full velocity layer at a time. Then again, you have an even newer version of Kontakt. And this is an area that they are SORELY losing utility as the versions progress.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”