Questions

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a few quick questions about Concert Strings 2 with ESA as a new user.

1.The instrument samples won't load fully in Kontakt by double clicking the instrument in the lower left files tab. You need to push the arrow facing right that is next to the instrument name, after it partially loads the grey box in the upper right in Kontakt that contains the info for the instrument. Is this the correct procedure or is there something wrong with the install.

Also, once the wav files start loading after you click the right arrow, it generally takes a minute or two for TVEC3 to show up as all the wav files are listed, and then it takes another minute for the memory in TVEC3 to load. Three minutes for each instrument to fully load is a bit long. Is this the correct process.

2.With TVEC4 and 5 included, do you still load all the instruments through TVEC3. Sorry for the confusion but as a new user, having all the different versions of TVEC makes it confusing at first to know which one you are supposed to use, if they are all active and it's just a user choice, etc.

3.The manual suggests a folder organization that is different from the organization listed in the download instructions. Is the organization listed in the manual important for correct use.

4.This question actually relates to other samples, but I was wondering if you might have some suggestions. The KH instruments sound really great. Thanks and congratulations on a great job. When I use some other sample string libraries, there is a harsh raspy sound which seems like an exaggeration of the bow rosin sound that is present in the background of all the samples. Moving the mod wheel doesn't eliminate this sound. These other libraries are also loaded into Kontakt. This is not a problem with Concert Strings 2,which sounds amazing, but if you have any ideas about what is causing this and how to eliminate it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

KHConcertStrings2User wrote:I have a few quick questions about Concert Strings 2 with ESA as a new user.

1.The instrument samples won't load fully in Kontakt by double clicking the instrument in the lower left files tab. You need to push the arrow facing right that is next to the instrument name, after it partially loads the grey box in the upper right in Kontakt that contains the info for the instrument. Is this the correct procedure or is there something wrong with the install.

Also, once the wav files start loading after you click the right arrow, it generally takes a minute or two for TVEC3 to show up as all the wav files are listed, and then it takes another minute for the memory in TVEC3 to load. Three minutes for each instrument to fully load is a bit long. Is this the correct process.

2.With TVEC4 and 5 included, do you still load all the instruments through TVEC3. Sorry for the confusion but as a new user, having all the different versions of TVEC makes it confusing at first to know which one you are supposed to use, if they are all active and it's just a user choice, etc.

3.The manual suggests a folder organization that is different from the organization listed in the download instructions. Is the organization listed in the manual important for correct use.

4.This question actually relates to other samples, but I was wondering if you might have some suggestions. The KH instruments sound really great. Thanks and congratulations on a great job. When I use some other sample string libraries, there is a harsh raspy sound which seems like an exaggeration of the bow rosin sound that is present in the background of all the samples. Moving the mod wheel doesn't eliminate this sound. These other libraries are also loaded into Kontakt. This is not a problem with Concert Strings 2,which sounds amazing, but if you have any ideas about what is causing this and how to eliminate it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Hey there. I am not at all affiliated with KHS--I am just a (mostly) happy customer (see #1 for why I am not completely happy), but I thought I would step in and answer to the best of my ability, as it seems like Kirk may be away at the moment.

1.) Not sure here--I have never had any problems with samples not loading, but they load DAMN slow. Regarding your freezing issue, this is something I have mentioned a few times here on KVR, and am urging Kirk to look into figuring out what the deal is. Concert Strings and Brass are such great libraries, but they take SOOO long to load! Please be sure Kirk knows this affects you. There is something amiss in Scriptville, and the more people we can get to acknowledge this, the closer we can get to getting it fixed. It is a MAJOR downside to using these otherwise great libraries.

You can see my brief discussion with Kirk about this issue here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380082

2.) No, if you have TVEC 4 and 5, you don't need to worry about 3. Just load the version you want to use.

3.) I saw this in the manual as well, and was surprised by it. I don't believe that I followed any specific structure when I installed my libraries, but then again, Kontakt is really good at finding missing samples, so I may have just "batch re-saved" them (I have customized all of my patches, so I don't actually use any of the factory ones anymore). As long as you know how to get Kontakt to find missing samples, I wouldn't think it would be an issue either way.

4.) No idea on this one! :) Any specific libraries you are referring to?

KHConcertStrings2User wrote:I have a few quick questions about Concert Strings 2 with ESA as a new user.

Thanks very much.
First of all, apologies that it's taken this long to respond. My bad for sure. I sadly assumed all posts here were going to my direct email...which was not the case. So here I am, and I'll be sure to check in VERY often here!

Anyway, that "raspy" sound is due to the fact that the strings were either recorded too closely, or that closely-recorded smaller sections were recorded several times, and then overdubbed to get a larger section sound.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”