Concert Strings 3 ???(Spotlight Strings)

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess the points I was trying to check; it's a copy - not a shortcut & the location does not appear commonly used? Certainly on my system.
So it is where it should be, I have followed the instructions and it still does not work - any other suggestions to fix it or try to troubleshoot this? Thanks

don1thedon wrote:I guess the points I was trying to check; it's a copy - not a shortcut & the location does not appear commonly used? Certainly on my system.
So it is where it should be, I have followed the instructions and it still does not work - any other suggestions to fix it or try to troubleshoot this? Thanks
PM sent

All sorted - great support Kirk, thanks!

They sound wonderful :love:

don1thedon wrote:All sorted - great support Kirk, thanks!

They sound wonderful :love:
Glad I could help!

Latest post for Group Buy by eDrummist had been deleted with topic when I went to check it.
Will that thread be resumed in Marketplace?

There was a thread concerning the group on the VI control forums that is gone too. Kirk mentioned he wanted to do some more programming and add some more samples so he probably pulled it back until everything is ready so he doesn't have to send out tons of updates. He's watching this thread so he'll probably be on to confirm that shortly and tell those of us who are in the group buy already how things will be handled.

EDIT: Page is back up: http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... up_buy.php
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

I've signed on for the Spotlight Group Buy
http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... up_buy.php
Who hasn't, and why not?!

Vardaro wrote:Who hasn't, and why not?!
Because it started right after the holidays, when everyone had already spent most of their money...

Hi, chibear!

The trial version shows that Spotlight is already very useable.
From memory, the future update that Kirk mentioned, concerned some added (or improved?) samples; slight "de-sychronisation" of unisons; the possibilities of a "richer" vibrato, and of a "randomized" vibrato; and a deeper timbre from violas and 'cellos.

So, most of these improvements involve scripting, i.e. the nki "instruments", rather than the samples, and will be quick todown load.

C'mon folks, the more the merrier!!

Agreed usable and beautiful as they are. I've bought the full version and am having a ball with it. I'm trying them in different projects that have been awaiting solo strings. I'm also liking the ripeneo a lot. It will be a go-to for ensemble strings when I'm looking for that sound. Here is my first completed attempt with SSS: http://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman/another-waltz-final I quite like the sound.

EDIT: I just got the updated violin instrument. Absolutely Astounding. Brought a tear to my eye from the first noodle.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

I just wonder: is it a tiny bug of Ableton Live, Kontakt or Spotlight Strings? All articulation and playing styles for example are one octave too high in Spotlight Strings, e.g. for the violins the default detache articulation is d#1 but I have to send d#0 for switching. When sending d#1 I switch to portamento playing style (d#2).

I'm running Live 9.1.1 and Kontakt 5.3.0.6464.

Vardaro wrote:Hi, chibear!

The trial version shows that Spotlight is already very useable.
From memory, the future update that Kirk mentioned, concerned some added (or improved?) samples; slight "de-sychronisation" of unisons; the possibilities of a "richer" vibrato, and of a "randomized" vibrato; and a deeper timbre from violas and 'cellos.

So, most of these improvements involve scripting, i.e. the nki "instruments", rather than the samples, and will be quick todown load.

C'mon folks, the more the merrier!!
No, most of the additions involve new samples. While the new scripting is quite a lot, it's NOTHING compared to the new recording work.

TheKid wrote:I just wonder: is it a tiny bug of Ableton Live, Kontakt or Spotlight Strings? All articulation and playing styles for example are one octave too high in Spotlight Strings, e.g. for the violins the default detache articulation is d#1 but I have to send d#0 for switching. When sending d#1 I switch to portamento playing style (d#2).

I'm running Live 9.1.1 and Kontakt 5.3.0.6464.
Not a bug. Just a naming issue. Some folks call middle C "C4" as I do. Others call it "C3". Just figure for that, and you're good to go.

Ah, never knew that. Thank you for clearing this. :)

I don't know how it is in Ableton, but in Sonar I set the base octave in preferences and now the TVEC keyswitches match the piano roll view.
Dave
What turns me on about the digital age ... it used to be that if you wanted to make a record of a song, you needed a studio and a producer. Now, you need a laptop.
Bono
My SoundCloud

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”